Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role is part of the UK HR generalist team whose main purpose is to enable the delivery of business plans whilst creating the right people experience. The HR advisor role supports the Function/Brand/Region by:
- Providing first line advice on policy and process
- Handling ER situations in a way that supports the Pentland values and commercial requirements
- Supporting the delivering of the HR strategy within the Function/ Brands/ Region
- Delivering HR reporting and analytics
- Delivering Ad hoc people projects
- Supporting the delivery of annual HR processes
There are 5 main areas of responsibility that you would have accountability for:
- Supporting the delivery of the people plan for the Function/Brands/Regions that includes development and resourcing plan and is aligned to the business plan
- Supporting the implementation of a functional capability frameworks where relevant.
- Providing support for restructuring projects if required
- Inputting in to and uses HR metrics to deliver the workforce plan
Advisory support and guidance
- Providing guidance to the Exec-2 and below on HR matters
- Working with the Senior Business Partner/ Business Partner to effectively implement HR initiatives, ensuring integration in the annual business plan
- Supporting management in leading effectively through change.
- Encouraging a culture of cross-functional and cross-brand knowledge sharing.
- Creating a shared culture that crosses functional and brand boundaries.
Delivery of HR processes
- Working with the Senior Business Partner/ Business Partner to successfully deliver the annual HR processes, including PDR calibration, Annual salary review, Employee survey, Annual awards
- Handling sensitive ER situations and policy/ process enquiries
- Managing role redundancy situations, professionally and sensitively.
- Ensuring the business is compliant on core employment legislation and every manager is fully informed and consistent in their application of key people management practices
Ad hoc projects
- Working with the Senior Business Partner/ Business Partner to implement ad hoc projects as required by the Function/ Brands/ Regions or HR Function
- Acting as D & I champion within the Function/ Brands/ Regions, introducing and maintaining initiatives that create an environment that attracts and retains a varied talent pool
- Working with Exec-2 and below to provide HR advice
- Partnering with central HR teams, including People Development, Talent Acquisition, Reward, Payroll and HRIS to provide the best HR solutions to a wide variety of situations
- Working with Centres of Expertise and HR Systems, accountable for people insights reporting, proactively identifying themes and associated actions from data to inform the HR strategy
- CIPD qualified or study
- HR generalist experience in a commercial environment.
- Strong stakeholder management experience in a complex matrix organisation.
- Employment law expertise with the ability to apply this to a range of situations with a flexible, commercial and pragmatic approach.
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Behaviours that align to Pentland values.
- A high level of integrity, applying discretion with sensitive/confidential information.
- Can-do attitude, able to adapt to focus on multiple priorities.
- Experience in a matrix organisation.
- Strong network and relationship skills
- Some experience of transformation change.
- Experience in a multi-brand environment.
- A background in acting in response to employee feedback with successful results.
- Excellent organisation, self and priority management skills.
- Personal integrity and a commitment to ethical practice, equity and diversity.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.