Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of the Role:
To assist the UK FM Risk Manager in administration and professional delivery of Pentland Brands Health & Safety and associated FM Risk Management services. The post holder’s role will support colleagues, contractors and teams from across Pentland Brands.
Health and Safety
- Administration of H&S systems
- First point of contact for general Health & Safety enquiries at Lakeside HQ
- Updating and maintaining internal training and assessment system
- Ensuring sufficient First Aid and Fire Marshal provision at Lakeside HQ
- Managing internal and external H&S training and maintaining training records
- Attending quarterly Group Health & Safety meetings
- Collating accident information for Pentland
- Maintaining and updating Health and Safety Manual (Policy and Assessments) for Lakeside
- Review and updating of COSHH Register for Lakeside HQ
- Undertaking regular inspections at Lakeside HQ and resolving issues accordingly
- Completion of actions from audits, assessments and environmental surveys
- Assisting UK FM Risk Manager in managing content on H&S intranet
External Suppliers and Contractor Safety Management
- Delivery of contractor inductions
- Issuing permits to work
- Reviewing and evaluation of third party RAMS and Safe Systems of Work
- Reviewing and approval of contractor accreditations and insurance certificates
- Supervision of works on site to ensure compliance with H&S requirements
Statutory Compliance Service and Audits
- Assisting UK FM Risk Manager with the delivery of audits and site inspections, which will include:
- Life Safety Systems compliance i.e. Fire Fighting Equipment and Detection Systems
- Fire Risk Assessments, Asbestos Management, Water Management
- Compliance with M&E maintenance requirements i.e. Periodic Fixed Wire Inspections, Water Management, F-Gas and Environmental, Insurance Engineering Inspections etc.
- Assist with Swimming Pool/Leisure Facility/Catering, Food and Hygiene
Projects & Company Events
- H&S support for both internal and external company events
- H&S support for project works, office moves and plant replacement works
- Preparation of RAMS for on-site film/photo shoots and internal events
Business Continuity Management
- Assisting UK FM Risk Manager with the review and documenting of Business Continuity, Incident Management and Emergency Planning processes
- Administration of internal BC system and regular data imports
- Maintenance of Facilities BC plan
- Administrative support to Facilities team and Pentland Incident Management Team in the event of a BC incident
- To provide temporary cover of Facilities helpdesk duties as and when required
What you need to have:
- Managing day to day health & safety and compliance requirements
- Writing and evaluation/approval of Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Working in a customer facing environment
- Accident reporting and statistics
- MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced Facilities Management environment
- Ability to deliver internal training
- Health and safety of events / Events management
- Workstation assessments
- Budget administration
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s at Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Minimum of IOSH Managing Safely
- Recognised membership of H&S body
What we need to see in you:
- High calibre of administration and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload and provide management support appropriately
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to analyse data and prepare reports
- Proactive, “can-do” attitude and hands-on-approach, when required
- Ability to work as part of a busy team
- Creative and pragmatic approach to resolving problems
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.