Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Provide leadership and manage the delivery of the Workplace function to deliver professional and compliant Facilities Management (FM) and Health and Safety support. Support and develop the strategy & operating structure which supports the delivery of Pentland Brands Facilities Management (FM) and Risk Management services, creating a “Stronger Together” defined and inclusive management matrix. Play a significant role in developing the Energy and Sustainability strategy for buildings across the Pentland portfolio.
The role you’d play:
Be accountable for the provision and delivery of the following operations relating to Facilities and Workplace Management, H&S and people Risk management:
- Health & Safety Services
- Business Continuity Planning
- Contractor Safety Management
- Workplace Management and Development
- All Facilities Management operations
- Statutory Compliance for buildings
- Energy & Sustainability within the Facilities Management areas of control
- Property Strategy and Management – Owned and Leased
The must haves:
- Proven experience of leading a Facilities Management function
- Experience of working within a customer/tenant focused environment
- Experience of managing budgets
- Focused on high standards of service delivery and best value solutions
- Be able to prioritise workload, work to tight deadlines, plan, organise and monitor several activities at the same time.
- Health and Safety related experience and/or qualifications (NEBOSH general Certificate as a minimum preferred)
- Experience of developing people and managing performance
- Ability to delegate is required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are essential
- Must be a Confident and Diplomatic negotiator at all levels in an organisation
- A practical working knowledge of Word and Excel are required.
Extensive Knowledge of:
- H&S Workplace Legislation
- Statutory Compliance requirements
- FM best practice
- Contractor and Contracts management skills
- BCP and/or Emergency Planning
- Working knowledge of developing KPI’s and SLA’s
Able to Demonstrate:
- Leadership qualities that are inclusive and influential across all levels of an organisation and takes ownership and accountability for work
- High calibre of management and organisational skills with the ability to manage and prioritise own and others workload appropriately
- Exceptional communication skills both orally and written with the ability to analyse data and prepare reports on findings
- Proactive and highly motivated with a can-do attitude with a hands-on-approach, a strong team player
- Think creatively and pragmatically in resolving problems
- Highly effective and developed networking skills
Professional and/or technical requirements or equivalents desired for the role:
- Minimum of NEBOSH General Certificate
- Property Industry Membership such as the (IWFM) Institute of Workplace and Facilities Management, (preferable) or (RICS) Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
Other requirements of the role:
- UK wide travel – Driving license required
- International travel possible
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Flexible approach to working and the ability to work outside of normal working hours, for example Emergency Planning/Operations
- From time to time to attend public or other external industry meetings/conferences
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.