Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Transforming Teamwear has been identified as one of the key growth driving opportunities for Pentland Brands. We want to get more of our propositions in front of consumers so they can see, buy and love them and capture the full value of a Pentland Teamwear proposition.
To enable us to accelerate faster we are putting a new, senior leadership role into the organisation to provide thought leadership and work across the brands & markets to define, design and help deliver us a winning strategy for Pentland in Teamwear.
You will be responsible for delivering the global, Pentland Teamwear plan based on a deep understanding of the proposition required to win with proven experience at senior, business level within the Teamwear channel. We are seeking candidates with experience at a Head of or Director level so please do apply if you feel this role could be suitable for you.
The role you’d play:
- This role will define and be accountable for delivery of a long term, sustainable and profitable Global Pentland Teamwear strategy.
- This role will lead the Pentland Teamwear vision, growth objectives and expectations of all people within the cross functional Teamwear matrix to increase distribution, availability, visibility and execution of Pentland brands within the Teamwear channel
- Act as a change agent and thought leader by developing and implementing a Pentland-wide go to market plan for Teamwear working with all cross functional teams to execute
- Lead the process that allows us to grow faster in Teamwear, challenging our ambitions and sharing of regular insight and situational analysis back into Pentland brands
- Lead and influence a multi-functional, virtual business team with an entrepreneurial, Pentland mindset to ensure we are leading the market and challenging the status quo to achieve our potential
- Responsibility for senior stakeholder engagement and influence at a strategic level
- Responsibility for internal communication and Pentland Executive progress updates against defined budget and KPI’s partnering with Pentland PMO
- Support the exploration of growth opportunities within the Teamwear channel
Brand Directors, Head of Product, Head of Brand Management, Finance Business Partner, Product Management, Senior Consumer Insights Manager, Senior CS&P Manager, Head of Sports Marketing Teamwear graphics team, demand planning and supply operations, Supply Operations, logistics, Teamwear customer operations, Digital team (Product Management & UX), Teamwear sales team UK, IBD team global, Commercial Directors, PMO
Needs to have:
- A proven track record of operating in the teamwear channel at a senior level (desirable)
- Experience of building, leading and implementing a strategy through regional teams
- Experience of matrix working and stakeholder management in a complex business
- Experience leading and motivating a world-class team (directly or in-directly)
- The ability to influence and articulate a plan with clarity and conviction
- Experience of operating in varied business models (licensed, distributer, wholesale, retail) and able to understand and execute Teamwear initiatives through these routes-to-market
- Strong commercial and or retail understanding ideally within the sport sector
- Passion for developing people & business processes
- Prepared to travel globally as required
Needs to be:
- Able to inspire confidence and deliver in a way that is true to Pentland Brand’s principles
- High tenacity & passion to achieve; exceed expectations and assume accountability
- Situationally adaptive and collaborative with ability to work with matrix mind-set and build trust through transparency within virtual team.
- Curious (open minded) but decisive (drives to action) while able to switch from broad, strategic thinking to operational pragmatism.
- Able to identify truly value-driving initiatives among a wide range of opportunities, then driving action to deliver that value
- Great communicator with an ability to build compelling commercial arguments and turn complex strategy into clear simple, actionable plans
- Able to integrate, operate and influence inside and outside the business, building relationships and trust across business levels and diverse cultures and markets
- Strong at problem solving, bold and resilient in decision making
- The organisation’s eyes and ears on the Teamwear channel; constantly bringing the "outside in" to challenge and refresh our thinking
Measures of success:
- Development and delivery of Teamwear strategy, plans and associated KPIs (e.g. commercial growth, contribution, brand plans, budget, consumer metrics, voice of customer score card and market share) that deliver a competitive advantage, agreed objectives and financial commitments to critical deadlines
- Go to market plans are clear, well understood and with resources (time, investment and activity) demonstrably in service of them
- Visible and measurable shift in the performance drivers from the new platform investment
- Highly motivated and engaged team with a clarity of purpose and focussed on delivery
- Effectively work across a matrix structure with key functions and stakeholders