Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the worlds most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
This is a senior role responsible for influencing and leading the implementation of our Cycle and Outdoor strategy across EMEA (excluding the UK and DACH) and providing consistency and support globally.
Working with the Brand teams this role will ensure we have the propositions and tools to win with the Cycle and Outdoor consumer. This role will be a key role in the Senior Leadership community leading and develop the commercial tools required to win across all markets collaborating with the global commercial teams to deliver this.
The role will manage five direct reports with a total team of approx. thirteen people across the UK, France, Spain CZ and PL as well as developing our relationship with our partner agency groups in Italy and Scandinavia.
The role you’d play:
- Accountability for the sales, profit, brand presence and KPI’s of our Endura and Berghaus across the specified customers, markets, and regions
- Collaborate with key customer contacts and multiple functions across the business to build our commercial plan and resources required to deliver.
- Monitoring and reviewing our route to market across all regions to ensure that we continue to reach our target consumer effectively and efficiently.
- Working with the Endura and Berghaus brand and product teams to define the propositions required to be successful with our target consumer.
- Ownership of the Go to Market tools for Endura including global price lists and sales programs.
- Responsibility for internal influence and strategy delivery with senior stakeholders; ensuring performance feedback is timely.
- Working and negotiating with external customer, partners and providers to ensure we get the best value for Pentland.
What you'll bring:
- You have good English speaking and writing skills and fluency in at least two additional European languages.
- You will have strong and successful commercial experience having worked with a variety of customers across a number of European markets/countries.
- Good working knowledge of managing distributors, agents.
- Experience of the Outdoor Industry having demonstrated success with several key accounts across Europe.
- You have excellent commercial acumen with the skills and experience to develop regional go to market plans.
- You have strong planning, organisational and prioritisation skills.
- You are an ambassador for Pentland Brands and can liaise and influence people at all levels internally and externally through strong interpersonal skills.
- You are solution orientated mind-set with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- You have an outstanding attention to detail.
- You are self-motivated, tenacious and have a desire to deliver on deadlines set.
- You demonstrate a passion for bringing the voice of the customer into the business.
- You are highly numerate, analytical, and comfortable using data and insight to inform thinking along with strong Excel skills.
- You work with a matrix mind-set and can build trust quickly.
- You have a master’s degree, preferably with a specialisation in marketing or sport management.
- You have a passion for cycling and the outdoors.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon