Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key purpose of the role:
Provide leadership and expertise in the shaping and delivery of a Global Reward strategy across Pentland. To advance Pentland Brands’ organisation objectives and attract, retain and engage our people. Ensuring our policies and practices are market competitive, cost effective, aligned with organisation goals and in compliance with company policies, and other regulatory requirements.
Global Reward Strategy:
Accountable for supporting the CHRO in the development and embedding of the Global Reward Strategic Plan in line with the Global HR Strategy, ensuring alignment with the Pentland strategy and One Year Plan.
Leading the team to delivery against the annual reward objectives, centred around;
- Lead the total review of the reward structure for the senior leadership team
- Prepare content and make recommendations to the Remunerations Committee on how we best pay, incentivise and retain our Exec through reward mechanisms
- Provide ongoing advice and solutions on senior leadership job offers
- Introduce and develop global job banding to drive fairness and consistency and align reward to external markets
- Prepare content and make recommendations to the monthly Reward Forum in relation to how we best reward and retain our people
- Benchmark and develop an approach for reward packages in line with driving behaviours and performance
- Develop policies, frameworks and processes to support reward strategy
- Ensure consistency of approach to reward across markets within a “think global, act local” framework
Annual Salary and Bonus Review:
- Accountable for leading the global annual salary and bonus review end to end
- Accountable for working with HR and internal communications and leading on the toolkits, to support capability build for the annual review
- Lead the engagement of the total population on the annual process
- Accountable for using insights on what drives, motives, attracts and retains talent to build a global benefits strategy, with localisation
- Negotiate and manage Pentland UK benefits plans including Pension, Life Assurance, Group Income Protection, Private Medical Insurance and car fleet;
- Work with the OD team to ensure a streamlined and aligned approach to engaging our people through pay and benefits
- Manage the UK Standard Life pension scheme and chair the pensions governance meeting, liaising with pension administrators, to keep abreast of pension legislation ensuring that the policies accurately reflect best practice
- Ensure adherence to UK legislative requirements such as Gender Pay Gap reporting (and any future variations e.g. CEO Pay Ratio and Ethnic Pay Gap) and GDPR
- Lead the development of the Pentland Global Mobility approach and ultimately the people experience of expatriates, working in close collaboration with Talent and Business Partners in relevant locations
- Embed the Global Mobility short- and long-term assignment policies and ensure adherence to them to maximise support to assignees while maintaining consistency and fairness
- Accountable for our payroll systems and developing new ways of working
- Responsible for leading and managing all aspects of the UK payroll function (including Ireland, Expat and Joint Venture payrolls),
- Ensuring compliance with the latest relevant legislation, statutory filing deadlines, and internal management reporting requirements, HMRC, Finance and HR functions.
- Lead the Reward and Payroll teams based in Finchley
- Identify and deploy the right quality and experience of team across European reward and ensure other markets have adequate resource in place locally to manage reward structures
- Provide clarity and direction to the team; cascade goals, motivate and performance manage team
- Accurately reflect the requirements identified by stakeholders and experts in, and working with the business
- Direct leadership of c5 people
- Global accountability
- Budget c£1m
Working with: Key Interfaces:
- CEO and CFO
- HR Executive Team
- Senior Leaders
- External partners
- OE KPIS tbc
What you need to have:
- Operate at Exec and Senior Leadership level
- Exceptional Compensation and Benefits expertise both in the UK and globally
- Breadth of HR experience
- Commercially savvy / depth of business understanding
- Strong relationship skills
- Analytical ability
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and influence others at all levels, particularly credibility at Exec and Senior Leadership
- Strong external network and perspective
- Proven people management and experience of building high performing teams
- Balances data-driven versus experience based
- Proven experience of managing Reward through large change programmes (i.e internal reorganisations and M&A)
- Have held operational roles in the business at well as HR
- International experience
What we need to see in you:
- Courage: to stand for what they believe in
- Driven: Is motivated, establishes ambitious and realistic plans, and tenaciously delivers, holding people to account
- Judgment: Sound judgment, ability to be decisive pragmatic
- Risk Aware: Willingness to take and manage risk effectively
- Imaginative: Thinks outside the box and influences others to do so too
- Adaptable: Able to cope with the changing needs of the business in a responsive way
- Inspirational: Able to provide clarity of direction and the leadership to inspire others
- Communication: Inspires & influences stakeholders, communicates with enthusiasm and clarity.
- Strong Self Awareness: Focus on an HR service that delivers real business benefits
- Builds Trust: with team, indirect and direct and HR function
Collaborates: works effectively with others at all levels
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.