- Information Technology
- Pentland Brands
- Permanent Full-Time
- UK-London, Finchley (Global Headquarters)
Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The Head of Data & Analytics is a role within the IT leadership team responsible for building strategic business relationships with senior stakeholders, providing thought leadership to develop a data driven organizational strategy & culture, develop a roadmap that delivers the strategy in collaboration with the rest of the business & IT function, build & lead high caliber teams with clear development plans and, to recognize, define, deliver & support commercially important initiatives/projects/operations.
The role you’d play:
Commercial business engagement:
· To help the IT team to be seen as a trusted ally by the business by having a broad and deep (enough) understanding of key business processes and commercial ways of working to be able to work with key business stakeholders and IT team members
· Being personally engaged with key (most likely senior) stakeholders around Pentland for whom IT provides solutions around Data & Analytics
· Supporting key members of the team in creating their own relationships with key business stakeholders within projects
· Building and maintaining own knowledge of the ‘outside of Pentland world’, to understand what other organisations within, and outside, our industry is doing and how that could be applied to existing or yet unseen (by the business) value creating opportunities
· Be able to articulate the value of what we are doing in the Data & Analytics area, and where relevant identify material commercial benefits to our stakeholders across the business
· To be able to work in collaboration with the rest of the business to enable a data driven organization culture and an insight for action-based process models across the value chain for wholesale (B2B) and D2C
· Able to understand the needs of the business to architect business solutions with a global mindset and support the definition of the business case that successfully delivers business outcomes
· This part of the job requires the individual to play the role of a chief data architect
Architecture & Business Process Management
· Provide thought leadership in the area of data & information architecture, architecture governance, data modelling & management and continuous improvement
· Provide leadership to develop commercially viable architecture roadmaps, solutions & business-IT landscape aligned to the business strategy
· Develop an acquisition platform mindset & capability within IT
· Understand the downstream and upstream of data flows through the organization
Solution & Service Delivery
· Provide thought leadership in the area of delivery, development & data engineering lifecycle
· Build and maintain own knowledge ‘outside of Pentland world’, to understand relevant industry related solution & delivery trends, and how that could be applied to projects within Pentland.
· Coordinate cross functional globally dispersed teams to achieve successful delivery of IT solutions covering data & analytics
· Deliver a customer-obsessed, globally connected, commercially focused and secure IT service underpinned by data & analytics technologies
· Consistently provide exceptional service to customers; conveys a clear understanding of customers' needs; Provides solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations
· Continuously review our existing technology, support levels and application support to provide the appropriate level of service & value back to our customers
Project Management & IT Procurement
· Provide thought leadership in the area of project methodology, project approach, project governance, project pipeline management, resource planning and project budget management
· Effectively Managing cross project risks to ensure successful delivery of projects to support the overall department and organisation objectives
· Provide leadership to develop profitable IT purchasing strategies
IT team leadership and management
· To ensure that the IT data & analytics team is led through a clear vision and sense of direction and can recognize its contribution to Pentland’s overall direction
· To ensure that the team reporting into this role is strong and meets the ongoing business need
· Ensure strong and clear delegation to the team
Member of IT senior leadership team
· To contribute to the overall IT strategy for Pentland and to ensure that it is focused on maximising the contribution that IT can make to Pentland.
· Conducts self in line with Pentland positive culture and values.
· Be respectful as well as respected (albeit primarily to their peers and reports/juniors).
Delivering the basics
· To ensure that all basic IT disciplines covering the following areas (not an exhaustive list) are well defined and then delivered by the IT team in the hub.
o Working in a matrix
o Business relationship management
o Business-IT roadmap
o Strategic & operational vendor management
o Enterprise architecture
o Service Management & IT operations
o Application & Infrastructure lifecycle management
o Programme & project management
o Resource management
o Cost management
o Innovation management
The must haves:
· Able to manage stakeholders at all levels with exceptional communication and presentation skills with a proven track record in dealing with various levels of stakeholders to shape business initiatives from initial concept stage through to delivery and support
· Strategic thinker and visionary with the ability to conceptualise and think outside the box
· Remain visible to business customers as the face of IT and listen to their priorities & concerns, share them with others and bring about a successful business outcome
· Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise, communicate and manage expectations with various levels of stakeholders
· Used to working in partnership with stakeholders to architect solutions that achieve the expected business outcomes
· A high-level understanding of the industry in which Pentland operates, including the expected business processes, in order to be able to have appropriately detailed conversations with key stakeholders
· Ability to lead the thinking behind and shaping of solutions which are new or cutting edge, being able to work with Proof of concepts, MVP thinking, and articulate the value that can be derived
· Ability to challenge/influence the business strategy, business case & business requirements
· Exceptional people skills with an ability to lead global teams; collaborate and manage direct reports in a matrix organisation with focus on getting the best out of people
· A good team player, striking the right balance between ‘direct’ and ‘collaborate’ to agree a way forward
· Able to work independently, with a confident, assertive and customer focused outlook
· Results driven, with a desire to “go the extra mile”
· A continuous improvement mind-set that spans people, processes, technologies and own self
· Able to lead and work with ambiguity and flexible to accommodate multiple changes in priority
· Able to deliver quality work in line with deadlines
· Able to demonstrate energy, drive, commitment and passion
Core technical skills:
Architecture and Governance
· Experience defining an analytics platform strategy aligned with operational, tactical, strategic and advanced analytics business requirements
· Experienced in analytics, data warehouse, data lake and ETL Architecture
· Develop the data visualization and BI tool strategy and framework for the business consumption of analytics, insights and storytelling
· Experienced in defining automation and operating model strategies using AI & ML
Data, Analytics and Engineering
· Understanding of Google Cloud Platform, AWS or Microsoft Azure environments
· Understanding of SAP data and analytics architectures
· Understanding of Google Analytics experience, utilising Google Tag manager, and or Google 360.
· Exposure to Identity & Access Management e.g. SAP Customer Data Cloud (Gigya)
· Experienced in managing agile data engineering development cycles
· Understanding of the role of Python, SQL, R, SQL Server, NoSQL, Graph, JSON, XML etc.
· Experience of working with enterprise scale ERP systems
· Experience of S&OP and demand planning an advantage
· Understanding of API & middleware architecture and platforms
· Experience in SAP ECC6 or HANA an advantage
· This individual must have proven experience in building and scaling technology teams in Data & Analytics capabilities
· Experience as a project owner/sponsor for strategic step change initiatives and enabling innovative thinking in project teams
· Previous experience creating and contributing to strategic planning processes
· Strong business acumen and financial literacy and management
· Capable of handling multiple projects / initiatives simultaneously and executing to completion
· Experienced in delivering a customer-obsessed & commercial-focused global IT service/support model for data & analytics technologies
· Previous experience working in a global retail business
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon..