Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
As the Head of Client Services (HoCS) you’ll be reporting directly into the Pentland in-house Creative Agency Director and be a core part of the Agency Leadership team. You will lead and manage an account management and creative production team championing best in class client relations and world class project delivery.
You’ll have good experience of managing many types of creative production including; fully integrated brand campaigns with multi-channel delivery, ATL advertising, OOH, B2B and trade collateral, shopper marketing solutions and social and digital content.
With a focus on collaborating with our family of brands and functions to deliver exceptional creative it is important you have relevant experience in aligning brand strategy and creative output, having managed and delivered integrated campaigns at varying budgets.
You're able to provide strategic and creative brand expertise, acting as a true consultant, being an inspirational team leader, ensuring the highest level of project delivery and acting as a true mentor to the team.
You’ll be expected to actively influence and lead team members to work efficiently to company workflows and effectively collaborate between brands and functions on projects and ensure the seamless delivery of top notch creative work to your clients.
You will ensure that all the brands and functions are happy at all times by proactively future planning key initiatives and overseeing their projects. You will also be responsible for the generation of revenue on projects against the agency’s set KPIs and be able to maximise brand development opportunities at varying budget levels across our client base.
- Grows agency relationships with clients. Seeks out new opportunities with brands and
- Gains an understanding of the clients business from a client perspective including strategic
brand goals, planning and positioning
- Interrogates briefs, making sure agency projects are scoped and resourced correctly and
ultimately charged appropriately to clients
- Regularly meet brands/functions to discuss future planning
- Planning and preparing client concept presentations in partnership with the creative team,
including credibly presenting and defending the brief
- Responsible for reporting on project success and evaluation from the agreed KPI’s.
- Facilitate and actively be part of the creative teams that deliver innovative, strategically
- You will have strong integrated experience, including experience working on shoots and
- You will negotiate and agree statements of work and retainers
- Maintaining a high level of performance by the account teams and other agency personnel,
- Being sufficiently informed and personally involved, ensuring sound planning, good service
and a solid client/agency relationship.
- Keep the Creative Agency Director regularly informed of the status of brands/functions,
challenges, plans and requests, as well as involving key management personnel at key
- Assigns duties, goals, and supervise the account management team
- Setting robust agency policies and procedures.
- Managing and representing the agency at 3rd party cross agency meetings
- You will lead and manage clients' projects from start to finish, from brief through to
implementation, constantly prioritizing, delegating and staying on top of all aspects of their
projects, delivering on everything from administration and logistics through to design stages
- Regularly reviewing and managing contracts with key strategic supplier agencies including
shoot production, print management, translation etc.
- Manage the creative production team, external suppliers, contractors and freelancers to
ensure that deadlines are achieved and the client brief is met
- Manage and track project-based documentation such as cost estimates, timing plans,
production, schedules, PPM documents and post-production briefs
- Shoot management with 3rd party production companies and experience of self-producing is
critical (Managing pre-production processes including; booking crew, casting, locations, PPM
documents, insurance etc.)
- Liaising with Studio Manager to ensure proactive prioritisation of resource management
- Working closely with the Head of Creative Operations you will maximise profitability by
optimising billable time, scoping jobs with your team
- Manages risk assessment and risk management
- With your team manage a central activity tracker for all projects (current and future)
- Facilitate project delivery and collaboration across regional sites London, Nottingham and
- Collaborates with other leadership team members to ensure that the best thinking/offerings
are being brought to clients in the most effective way
- Identifies and brings to fruition new business opportunities within client engagements
Need to have:
- Proven experience of working across multiple work streams, managing heavy workloads and
delivering budgets is absolutely key
- Project procurement experience - effectively manage all costs to keep projects commercially
- Experienced people management skills – know how to get the best out of your team
(onboarding, developing and training)
- Influencing skills demonstrated through knowledge, enthusiasm and positive communication
- Excellent persuasion and presentation skills
- Relevant experience working in a busy creative studio facilitating between account creative
and production teams
- A proven track record in managing and growing accounts successfully
Need to be:
- Confident leading large meetings on time with purpose & direction
- Insightful, entrepreneurial, confident, intuitive and personable.
- An excellent communicator with a strong passion for strategic and creative brand
development, able to manage expectations both externally and internally bringing
intelligence and imagination to complex challenges
- Approachable and friendly; easy to build strong personal relationships
- Constantly exceed client expectations by knowing what they need before they ask
- Provides leadership/motivation and conveys the vision and values of the Agency to the team
- Energetic, self-motivated, consistently proactive and showing initiative
- Solution focused with a positive outlook; ability to juggle several projects simultaneously
- Organised, with strong attention to detail and able to manage your time well
- Effective negotiator and communicator
- Staying calm under pressure; resilient and positive in difficult situations
- Motivated by operating in a changing, flexible environment
- A person who thrives in this environment