Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
- You will actively contribute to our business and brand strategy, translating that vision into product strategy, category direction and range plans that deliver our brands’ growth objectives.
- The owner of our product range, you will direct our category plans and set our product line, always balancing the need to achieve optimal product margins whilst maintaining a desirable product offering that will resonate with our target consumers
- Defineand agree product and range KPIs across all categories appropriate to delivering the brand strategy. Accountable for planning and delivering a range to meet these targets and business growth expectations with the appropriate commercial hurdles in the place.
- Working with the Category Insights & Analysis team, you are accountable for achieving season defined KPI’s, ensuring we use data to support decision making of range builds and the governance of review is adhered
- Responsible for setting consumer pricing (SRP), you will have a strong understanding of pricing dynamics and competitor benchmarking. You will work in close partnership with our Category Insights, Finance and wider Product teams to ensure that ranges (individual items and across range architecture) are priced appropriately to drive volume and margin as required in our business planning.
- Working with the Head of Design and our development teams, you will be jointly accountable for our product development critical path, ensuring your elements are delivered on time, whilst working to ensure all our processes are designed to achieve the fastest possible time-to-market without sacrificing quality
- You are the commercial lead within our brand team, working in close partnership with our Customer and Finance teams to ensure we are maximising all commercial opportunities for the Brand and providing our customers with a best-in-class partnership
- Set the appropriate resource focus across the brand’s priority markets, balancing the needs for an efficient global range with the specific, local needs required to drive growth in priority markets.
- Working with our Customer team, you will foster a close working relationship with our key customers in all markets, ensuring we deeply understand their needs and work hard to win our fair share of market
- You will partner with our Brand and Shopper Design & Merchandising teams to ensure we deliver category winning retail plans for our key customers
- As owner of our Category Plans you will work in close partnership with the Brand Leadership Team and the Sales and Planning Team to deliver seasonal ‘Launches’ to our Commercial teams and partners
- You will become a trusted business partner for our Supply Chain and Demand Planning teams to ensure we are maintaining a healthy and appropriate level of product inventory
- Lead, manage & develop a team of talented Category & Product Managers to achieve their full potential
The must haves:
- An in-depth understanding of the retail landscape, competitor-set and consumer trends in all markets and categories we play in
- A passion for the outdoors and an inherent desire to create best-in-class product at a range of price points, from enabling elite athletes to conquer first ascents through to inspiring those new to the outdoors to take their first hike
- In-depth understanding of product lifecycle management (concept-to-consumer) and capable of using this to continuously improve the to drive efficiency, agility and speed to market gains
- Commercially astute and financially literate, you will have proven experience of budget management and P&L accountability
- A natural and experienced leader, able to rally your team to a common cause, to deal with ambiguity and to embrace the daily challenges of building and maintaining a market leading brand
- A team player, naturally inclined to partner with those around you and able to thrive in a matrix environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit; you will be constantly seeking out new opportunities for the brand