Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Founded in 1966 by two friends, Peter Lockey & Gordon Davidson, Berghaus is one of Europe’s original outdoor brands. Started above a shop on Newcastle’s Dean Street, Berghaus was borne of a need for better outdoor equipment, a promise we delivered through an entrepreneurial pairing of friends who had a maverick approach to business.
Since then, we’ve racked up over 50 years of experience in creating beautifully designed equipment that’s built to last. As in all great expeditions, we’ve taken some wrong turns along the way, and today we’re on a mission to rebuild one of the greatest outdoor brands in the world. We’re looking for the very best talent to join us on our journey.
Berghaus is part of the Pentland Brands group, a family owned business that includes Speedo, Canterbury, Mitre & ellesse. We believe in doing business in an ethical way, in caring for our planet and our people, and that success is a team game.
About the role
As our Head of Brand, you will help define and lead the creation and delivery of our global brand strategy. You will become the expert on our brand and our consumers, leading teams from across our business to better connect with our target audience, to convert customers into fans, and fans into lifetime advocates.
Working in partnership with the Brand Director and the leadership team, you will set the global vision for Berghaus and enable those around you to build world class product and marketing campaigns that resonate at all stages of the consumer journey.
A natural Brand Guardian, you will create the tools and conditions for others to be able to understand and build our brand across all markets, offering counsel and governance to all our partners and teams.
Key Responsibilities & Skills
- Lead a high performing team of marketers to build the Berghaus brand across key markets, and to support the wider Berghaus & Pentland teams to activate our brand brilliantly across Digital, Shopper and all other touchpoints.
- Define and deliver our Communications Strategy for Berghaus, considering all stages of the consumer journey to build a holistic and efficient marketing plan that punches well above its weight in ROI.
- Play an active role in our Berghaus Leadership Team to co-author and co-own our long-term strategy.
- Collaborate with your peers and the wider team to build compelling brand plans that will put our product and our consumer at the heart of our marketing communications, and that will build equity in key product and brand franchises.
- Own our agency relationships to ensure we’re partnering effectively to build best-in-class creative execution and driving maximum efficiency through media agnostic campaign planning.
- Build and own the relationships with our Athlete teams & Communities, ensuring that we work with people who share our ambitions and values, and who are genuine advocates of our Brand. Build compelling partnerships that are activated through content and events, and leverage through various publishing mediums to ensure we collaborate with these partners to jointly raise our profiles and maximise our audience reach.
- Work collaboratively with our Insights function to ensure we fully understand our Audience and Consumer needs, and that information cascades effectively across our teams to ensure we’re all equipped to build our brand
What you’ll bring
- Just like our Founders, you’ll bring an entrepreneurial & maverick approach to business and a high level of commercial acumen and ambition.
- You’ll bring enthusiasm for all things ‘outdoors’, and will already be spending a lot of you time on the hill or on a wall. Working for an outdoors brand is very likely your dream role, allowing you to combine your profession with a personal passion.
- You know how brands grow, and you know how they thrive. You will have a deep & demonstrable understanding of what it takes to build a brand that truly resonates with its consumers, and will be able to coach your team into building a compelling plan for Berghaus
- You know how to lead and write robust and convincing brand strategy, and how to construct brand propositions from concept through to consumer.
- You’ll know how to get the most out of high-yield media & publishing channels such as PR & Content, as well as have experience in wielding more traditional marketing platforms.
- You’re passionate about developing talent from within and getting supporting your team to be at their very best.