Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Reporting into the brand director ellesse, this critical senior brand manager commercialisation role will play an integral leadership role in leading and developing the global roll out of the brand marrying of category, consumer and brand insight to form the basis of the product proposition, seasonal focus and product range development. This is a key enabler role in delivering the long-term growth strategy for the brand to ensure global scale and deployment of the annual brand plan. This role will have full accountability for driving and delivering global strategy, key marketing initiatives, seasonal collections and story briefs across apparel and footwear.
- To develop and provide on-going strategic leadership to the brand strategic & commercialisation agenda on macro level customer, market stage development
- To scope and lead from insight the development of strategic framework and product stories for global launches. Areas of expertise – Consumer Insight, strategic planning, Innovation & Product development. (classical innovation brand role)
- Develop active global hero stories across Heritage & Sport
- Specifically embed new brand and product architecture within the seasonal hero stories
- Develop a Global brand stage development model across product and brand
- Maximise the commercial return for sub brands of heritage and sport in terms of Sales revenue growth
- Responsible for driving consumer relevance and market penetration aligned ot 3 year business plan.
- Responsible for the strategic scoping and development of brand activities, aligning and driving the consumer strategy and focus
- Be point to lead intelligence identifying strategic landscape, applying learning across the brand activities to influence future agenda and maintaining strategic positioning
- Own monthly brand commercial meeting and launches ensuring smooth integration of performance and brand programming
- To lead the cross-functional alignment and integration with functional stakeholders to ensure timely product launches
- Activities need strong coordination with the brand team members
The must haves:
- Proven working experience leading multiple disciplines and within a matrix organisation
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and managing external partners and agencies
- A strong background in consumer insight, brand/category innovation and leading change
- In depth knowledge of leading, aligning and embedding programs across commercial teams and key markets
- In-depth knowledge of core brand building processes from architecture, product dev and business selling cases
- Experience in developing concepts and marketing toolkits from idea through to full program activation
- Passion for sneaker, sports and lifestyle culture, and a network of contacts within the industry
- An ability to learn and understanding of the sportswear trading landscape and industry trends
- Good copywriting and written communication skills
- Strong project management and budget management experience
- Experience managing and nurturing direct reports
- Seasoned operator with an insight background in order to put the consumer at the heart of our activities, build incremental category value and develop strong commercial performance
- Build, maintain and support new opportunities pipeline from an investment perspective
- Work with partner manager to develop and deliver funding applications
- Sound consumer, strategic and brand management skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Communicates effectively in both proficient marketing technical speak and commercial/business language
- Good thinker, adaptable, able to conceptualise and rationalise
- Strong Leader and Communicator – outstanding written and verbal ability.
- Proven team player - ability to work with a team to achieve both short & long-term goals.
- Self-starter- able to identify work that needs to be done and does it without required instruction.
- Courteous and professional - able to perform tasks at hand.
- Detail oriented- meticulous attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Ability to solve practical problems using reasoning skills.
- Adaptive – Ability to adapt to changes and be reactive to situations as and when required.
- Creative – Ability to think creatively and contribute create ideas to the team.
- Motivated – Ability to apply passion, energy and enthusiasm to the role.