Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
Pentland Group is the parent company of Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
The investment division has grown significantly in size, with funds under management and number of direct investments, venture capital and private equity funds more than doubled in the past few years:
Consequently, transaction and valuation volumes are up materially, stretching current workload of existing two man team reporting to the investment director.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Working as part of the investment division team, accounting for transactional and valuation data of underlying investments, ensuring processes are in place to pay our suppliers on time and other ad hoc project work.
The role you’d play:
Accounting for Investments:
- You’ll proactively manage the statutory and management accounting of capital calls, distributions and other transactional data on time, with monthly reporting.
- You’ll manage the data entry and reconciliation of transactions and valuations in our accounting systems, SAP and Hyperion.
- You’ll prepare monthly flash figures to aide commentary for the investment director and group finance;
- You’ll proactively liaise with group finance regarding non-commercial queries, and with IT regarding data change requests and other queries in the new system;
- You’ll assist with the portfolio accounting, maintenance and ad hoc project work regarding our business property and other assets.
- You’ll monitor and process monthly share price and benchmark indices data.
- You’ll proactively manage flow of invoices through the system, ensuring that suppliers are paid on time.
- You’ll work with Finance Shared Services and Outsource partner to manage invoice rejections ensuring issues dealt with promptly.
- You’ll support the continuous improvement agenda within the team, actively seeking feedback from the business to identify opportunities for improvement.
- You’ll provide excellent customer service to our stakeholders, ensuring that queries are dealt with promptly.
- You’ll conduct weekly reviews of unauthorised invoices, building excellent relationships with the business to ensure that invoices are approved in a timely manner.
- You’ll maintain and improve automation capability of SAP system, maximising number of invoices sent for approval without AP intervention.
- You’ll undertake business training on key AP processes.
- You’ll ensure key communications in place with business and Vendors so that invoices and statements are sent to correct addresses first time.
- You’ll undertake key AP tasks – one time vendor payments requests, supplier statement reconciliations, supplier set ups and raising recharge invoices as required.
- You’ll perform AP month end close tasks, sending Group Finance unapproved invoice list for them to post accruals in line with month end timetable.
- You’ll ensure excellent housekeeping in place on Vendor accounts with monthly ledger reviews.
- You’ll ensure AP processes are followed making sure that tight controls are in place and issues escalated.
- You’ll ensure invoices paid by cheque are accounted for and posted on SAP on a monthly basis as well as process any ad hoc cheque payment requests.
The must haves/preferred:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of Accounting platforms such as SAP, Hyperion or similar.
- Experience working in a finance function preferred.
- Relevant degree in finance, business or accounting preferred.
- Team player, flexible, not shy in taking on new tasks.
- Strong process and continuous improvement mindset.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.