Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
Pentland Brands are looking for a forward-thinking and proactive individual to help lead the Global Sourcing function. As part of the Supply Chain Senior leadership team, this person will help build the strategy for the sourcing function and take responsibility driving the strategy for sourcing across both our Footwear and Active Divisions. Reporting to the President Asia Pacific this role will be responsible for the Sourcing, Merchandising, Quality and Development & Materials functions.Responsibilities:
- Develop and communicate a holistic view of the sourcing strategy for all Pentland brands and products.
- Responsible for leading the strategic sourcing strategies, developing and managing a high performing supplier matrix for brands that support the strategies.
- Lead the Sourcing team through the strategic planning and development of a global supply platform to insure the uninterrupted flow of high quality products with a costing structure which directly impacts positive margin growth.
- Leverage knowledge of the international economic landscape and shifts in production sourcing and manufacturing to deliver a strong regionally balanced supplier matrix.
- Lead the team to execute and deliver the sourcing objectives for each brand that will achieve the sales plan across the business.
- Strategically lead trending business opportunities, deliver sourcing strategies that can capitalize on business opportunities with shortened lead times
- Lead and execute the sourcing process from supplier review and selection to completed production across the business.
- Develop existing suppliers and attract new suppliers who can deliver product to achieve the design and product strategies with speed and desirable costing strengths.
- Understand and implement Pentland CSR framework and strategy
What you need to have:
- Experience in a Global Sourcing role with a proven track record in major retailer, brand or product development/sourcing company and expertise in consumer product global sourcing and production management.
- Experience of leading and influencing in a matrix organisation
- Possess with diverse global product sourcing and manufacturing/production expertise in Asia, Mexico, India, expertise is a plus.
- The successful candidate will have experience of working within a Global or European Head Office.
- Gained experience of working in a multicultural and multilingual business.
- SAP experience
- Demonstrable people leadership skills
- The successful candidate will have a high degree of commercial awareness, and be analytical and a good interpreter of information.
- Strategic and financial acumen, balanced with a dedicated service ethic and be driven to grow shareholder value.
- Familiarity with ethical, legal and commercial shipping requirements.
- Strong influencing skills, with the ability to balance strategic and operational activities.
- The individual will have a real presence, with the ability to command immediate respect from all parties and partners.
What we need to see in you:
- Confident, proactive and solutions-focused.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and not afraid of hard work.
- An eye for detail and accuracy.
- Leadership qualities, with the ability to nurture and manage teams.
- Gravitas, influencing skills and the ability to work with all kinds of people.
- Resilient, tenacious and ambitious, driven by success, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Humility and a desire for continuous learning.
- Strong cultural sensitivity and awareness.
- A positive self-starter with the ability to set stretching goals, and a desire to add significant value to the business.
- Grounded and hard-working, enjoy being hands-on, agile and open to change.
- Passionate, with the ability to build and sell a vision to diverse stakeholders.
- Collaborative with a strong team focus and the ability to coach and delegate, as well as working independently when required.
- Courageous, passionate and open-minded, as well as innovative and full of energy and drive.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail, and will be a decision maker and a highly competent problem solver.
- Able to handle pressure and deliver to deadlines.
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.