Speedo operates several distribution models around the world, from D2C to Subsidiary, from Distributors & Licensees to Retailers, and each of those distribution models hold an array of stakeholders who we partner with to ensure Speedo is successful in meeting the needs of our end consumers, and in winning our unfair share of market.
The Global Brand Manager will lead the creation and delivery of all marketing assets for our seasonal and product launches. They will support partners with original campaign creation, adaptation of brand campaign materials & content activity into partner marketing toolkits.
The successful candidate will be creating packaging artwork design which involves working with different external agencies.
One of the most vital responsibilities of the role is working hand in glove with Product and Commercial Strategy and Planning (CS&P), to help develop channel plans to ensure the right product is being targeted to the right channels.
The role you’ll play - Global Brand Manager - Speedo
- Responsible for Speedo’s global launch events for both seasonal range launches and mid-cycle product launches, partnering hand-in-glove with your counterpart in CS&P and the wider brand and commercial teams to inspire & equip our commercial partners
- Part of the most prominent commercial facing team in our Global Brand Marketing team, you will regularly meet with key customers and distributors around the world, ensuring Speedo is the swimwear partner of choice in our Key Markets
- Lead or support on packaging design solutions, partnering with Product & Design Teams to deliver sustainable packaging that delivers stand out at the point of purchase
- Partner with our Shopper Marketing Manager to create seasonal marketing toolkits and campaign assets that deliver category stand out
- Supporting the Global Brand Manager for Competitive, you will create GTM and help create and deliver brand plans
- Support our eComm & D2C channels with brand & seasonal toolkits to ensure our brand always looks on point in our owned channels
- Play the role of global brand guardian, particularly in support of our distribution partners in key markets
- Along with the Global Partner Marketing Lead and CS&P you will define our Channel Strategy, in close partnership with the VP of Category, ensuring we clearly articulate how our product range architecture maps to retail channels and consumer shopping behaviour, delivering the old adage – right product, right place, right consumer
What you’ll bring - Global Brand Manager - Speedo
- Previous experience in Brand Management, especially in:
- brand strategy and campaign planning
- creating packaging artwork
- coordinating and planning launch events
- High level of commercial acumen and ambition
- Passion for swimming, and an untamable determination to be the #1 swimwear brand in the world
- Natural interest in the world of physical & digital retail
- Understanding of how commercial teams can deliver success through marketing support
- First-class creative judgement and a natural eye for detail and well-resolved design
- Brave and disruptive personality, unafraid to channel that energy into work
- Being a team player, naturally inclined to lean into the organisation around you in order to best achieve your goals – whether that be building seasonal launch toolkits, go to market strategies, new packaging or channel strategy
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive remuneration package
- Hybrid / smart working
- Brand and retail perks
- Financial perks
- Travel perks
- Time out perks
- Wellbeing commitment
Who we are:
Founded in Bondi, Australia in 1928 by an immigrant Scotsman, Speedo has been challenging convention and breaking records since day one. Within a year we had set our first world record in the world's first non-woolen suit, and our winning streak began.
No stranger to controversy, Speedo were the first to bare arms… and ankles and knees too; Placing performance over modesty, our designers stripped away inch after inch of cloth in pursuit of speed. In 1932, aged just 16, Clare Dennis won Olympic Gold at the Los Angeles Games only to have her medal challenged for ‘indecency’ after showing too much shoulder-blade in her Speedo Racerback suit. She kept her medal, and we kept pushing forwards.
In 2008, fueled by eighty years of innovation, Speedo swept the board at the Beijing Olympics winning 89% of all medals. It then took FINA and the IOC to step in to ban our technology to give our competition some hope of competing.
In 2020 we bought the license for our North American distribution, bringing the world’s biggest swimwear market back into the fold, and paving the way for a truly global brand strategy with the competitive advantage that our scale brings.
Today, Speedo is the world’s #1 swimwear brand, with an incredibly exciting future ahead of it. But, whilst we’re leading the pack, we’re never content to sit on our hands. There are still many consumers yet to reach, many markets yet to win, and a lifetime of gold medals to chase.
We’re looking for the world’s best talent to join the world’s number one swimwear brand as we take it to the next level. Come and be part of it.
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Apply for this position