Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
- In collaboration with the Brand Creative Lead & Senior Designer, responsible for delivering own designs against Brand seasonal creative direction and product briefs, whilst maintaining Brand DNA.
- Contribute in the creation of seasonal creative direction, trend overviews, colour and mood boards
- Deliver consumer focused designs aligned with allocated category and range direction, and which achieve commercial targets
- Ensure own designs incorporate consumer feedback, throughout design process to ensure NPD is aligned with target consumer needs and desire
- Ensure own designs have a coherent and compelling offer to seamlessly merchandise into product categories and range, combining desirable aesthetics with credible performance and technical needs
- Deliver coloured CAD's which are consumer focused, trend led and commercial designs aligned with allocated category merchandising
- Push creative boundaries whilst delivering against commercial opportunities
- Responsible for delivering allocated designs as needed based on seasonal workload, from concept through to CAD work, colour overviews, creation of technical specifications and updates, on time against seasonal C2C deadlines
- Contributes towards cost saving solutions to achieve seasonal margin target whilst retaining creativity
- Actively participate in proto reviews ensuring design integrity is maintained through to final sign-off
- Support Development Team (and innovation team) with design and colour specifications on time and at key stage gates in the product creation process.
- Actively research the market and trends, looking further than immediate scope of work and produce detailed reports following each research visit
The must haves:
- Proven Design experience within the Footwear market with a clear understanding and consideration of footwear fit/construction and manufacturing processes.
- Consumer focused with a strong technical bias within their given design specialism
- Strong creative and trend skills, with a proven commercial background
- Ability and strong understanding of "design cost" and "design for manufacture''.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, plus excellent freehand drawing and rendering skills. Knowledge of Excel an advantage
- Proven ability to work within a critical path and meet deadlines, managing time efficiently to achieve completion of a professional standard of work
- Understands cultural differences
- The ability to travel and spend time away from home
- Enthusiastic about design, inspiring, creative, forward-thinking and energetic
- Self-motivated and equally comfortable working within a team
- Demonstrate the ability to use own initiative
- A good communicator, both interpersonally and within a group conveying strong brand empathy
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and able to multi-task
- Organized and structured with their work load
- Confident in making design decisions and able to challenge upwards and across functions in the appropriate way if needed
- Pushes oneself to exceed expectations
- Is perceived as credible and an expert in the area/category
- Adaptable and versatile
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.