Financial Controller (Group Finance)
Reporting directly into the Director of Group Finance, the successful candidate will be able to show excellent technical accounting knowledge and will drive continuous improvement of group reporting, financial systems and controls and working capital and cashflow reporting and forecasting.
The successful candidate will need to have a vision to continuously improve processes and outputs and define financial systems and processes that are high quality and efficient to operate.
The role will have two direct reports, Capital Group Reporting Manager and Trading Group Reporting Manager and will manage an overall team of more than four people.
The role you’d play as Financial Controller (Group Finance):
- Ensure legal and operating entity Group Structure meets the needs of the business’ shareholders.
- Ensure acquisitions, divestitures and investments are integrated and accounted for correctly, working closely with tax, legal and external consultants.
- Define Group accounting rules / policy, ensuring consistent use across the Group.
- Review accounting processes and procedures; identify opportunities for improvement and efficiencies and maintain a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ensure the provision of high quality, timely financial reporting for the two Groups and Pentland Brands.
- Working Capital reporting (actual and forecast).
- Cashflow reporting (actual and forecast).
- Ensure compliance with statutory and tax reporting requirements and FRS 102 for Group and Subsidiary companies, with overall responsibility for accurate provision of statutory accounts.
- Lead the year-end process of Pentland Groups Holdings Ltd and Pentland Capital Holdings Limited, including planning, systems development, definition of information collected and reported.
- Plan and project manage the audit process.
- Contributing as part of the Finance Leadership Team to the transformation and talent development of the overall finance function.
What you’d bring / be as Financial Controller (Group Finance):
- Very strong technical background (BIG 4 firm experience highly preferable).
- Proficient in the accurate preparation and review of complex multicurrency group consolidations and up to date with the latest accounting standards (FRS102 and IFRS).
- A good understanding of Tax both direct and indirect and Treasury.
- Excellent understanding of working capital management and cashflow reporting (direct and indirect).
- SAP and or Hyperion experience.
- Excellent numerical, report writing and communication skills.
- People management experience, with a strong desire to develop and grow people.
- Well organised with the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel.
- Excellent at negotiating and influencing, at all levels of the organisation.
- Adaptable to change and manage this with the team.
- Logical in approach and process driven.
- Innovative and commercially aware.
- Personable with a professional manner, an exceptional relationship builder.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Hybrid / smart working
- Brand and retail perks
- Financial perks
- Travel perks
- Time out perks
- Wellbeing commitment
Who we are:
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
To find out more go to www.pentlandbrands.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or FacebookApply for this position