Job title: Finance Manager – Supply Chain
Be responsible for providing financial challenge and business support to the global supply chain leadership team.
A key focus of the role is to be a strategic player in the supply chain space, working closely with supply chain directors across sourcing, supply planning, logistics and our warehouses.
This role will play a key role in supporting the business to manage global supply P&L challenges, as well as ensuring clear accountabilities are laid out for regional finance teams.
Strive to deliver a high level of commercial awareness beyond supply chain, working with senior finance manager to understand business wide interdependencies.
Hold accountabilities for financial management of supply chain cost base (including functional costs) and global income.
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
The role you’d play:
- Manage the full budget submission for supply chain functional costs, warehouse recharges, and global income lines.
- Responsible for the supply chain costs included in the budget, forecast and outlook process (such as freight, carriage, duty, other DC costs) supported by the regional commercial finance and management accounts teams appropriately.
- Manage and drive supply chain cost to serve analysis to drive commercial decision making and profitability analysis.
- Provide visibility and understanding of global supply chain P&L, clearly communicating variances vs budget and recommendation of appropriate action to address.
- Support the global understanding and direction of our sourcing cost base, working closely with the Asia and US finance teams.
- Own the production of robust supply chain division project business cases, working with the senior finance manager to ensure accountabilities are set for benefit delivery. This should be supported by robust project governance.
- Play the role as first line support for the supply chain directors. The role should then act to facilitate and communicate in an efficient manor between wider finance team (region and P&L areas) and our supply chain leads.
What you will bring:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent qualified.
- A working knowledge of supply chain or operations functions, partnering experience an advantage
- History of working from own initiative and ability to spot opportunities
- Advanced analytical skills
- Experience of working to tight deadlines, juggling priorities in order to deliver
- Be prepared to challenge existing processes and help implement new ways of working
- Ability to work in an agile way, within a quickly changing environment
- Logical and analytical approach to problems
- Strong communication skills, able to manage message to and between Executive and Senior Leader stakeholders
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation and challenge constructively
- Ability to build relationships quickly across a number of areas of the organisation
- Results driven, holding the organisation to account
- Comfortable in the detail but able to step back and understand the bigger picture
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.Apply for this position