This role will play a pivotal part in the Global Pentland Brands budgeting and forecasting process, coordinating global submissions and consolidating performance into a succinct and accurate place for Exec review and decision making.
This will role will own the Global IBP consolidation, and will require close connections across the Finance function and working closely with the Trading Finance teams globally.
Not only will you provide consolidated data and insight for Exec-level decision making, but you will also manage all centralised commercial financial analytics.
The role you’d play:
- Play a key part in developing the budget and forecasting cycles and processes, including determining planning assumptions
- Consolidate and reconcile the financials globally of all budgets, forecast and outlooks working closely with the S&G, Management Accounting, Trading Finance and Inventory Finance Manager
- Pull together the total view of the sales outlook each month (including risks and ops), owning the consolidated IBP position across all three regions, liaising with the Trading Analyst
- Prepare financial reporting and commentary for insert into the Exec and Board pack, including insightful analysis and decision-making support on monthly performance
- Be a super-user on the Hyperion Planning tool, able to coach and on-board other team members
- Work closely with Treasury to proactively manage and understand the impact of FX on Pentland Brands’ financial performance
- Maintain inputs for cash flow forecasting into the S&G team
- Build a rapport and close relationship across the broader commercial finance teams
The must haves:
- Qualified accountant, with circa 2 years PQE
- Experience of planning and reporting in a matrix organisation, including evidence of simplification and transparency having been delivered
- An ability to manage budget and forecast processes, including the facilitation of deadlines and submissions
- Excellent organisational skills and time management, working to tight deadlines and managing global inputs
- Excellent communication skills, articulating financial and non-financial information concisely and simply, identifying the ‘so what?’, being clear and concise
- Evidence of collaboration across the Finance community, building strong relationships at different levels of seniority and across the globe
- Pro-active, open-minded and with a flexible and agile approach; solutions focused and optimistic in their outlook
- Willing to roll their sleeves up and get their hands dirty, being the “player manager” that we need in the organization
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.