Job title: Finance Manager – Functional Costs
This role will provide financial management and decision support for global functional cost owners. This will involve tracking and challenging spend while understanding key areas of investment and identifying opportunities for efficiencies across a range of business areas. The role will also develop and manage budgets, forecasts and outlooks working closely with the business senior leadership team.
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the worlds most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
The role you’d play:
- Cost analysis: lead detailed analysis of functional cost areas including payroll, travel, consultancy and other key spend lines.
- Financial reporting: prepare and present regular financial reports to Pentland Brands Executive and senior management team, outlining cost tracking, key variances adding insights and trends to support decision-making.
- Budgeting and forecasting: support cost owners to develop budgets and forecasts, challenging to ensure alignment with the company’s financial objectives and strategic plans.
- Strategic planning: provide financial insights and recommendations to support the development of the company’s three-year plan, working closely with the Transformation team on strategic initiative development and tracking.
- Process improvement: identify opportunities to improve financial processes, reporting and systems to enhance efficiency and data integrity.
What you will bring:
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent qualified.
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Experience of cost reporting and process improvement.
- Ability to translate complex financial data into actionable insight.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders.
- Strong financial modelling experience (eg. cost recharge models).
- Engender a great team spirit and always seek to deliver the best outcome for the business.
- Comfortable working with agility and pace, managing multiple deadlines and stakeholders.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.Apply for this position