Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job and Responsibilities:
This high-profile role responsible for the overall roll up, reporting, planning and financial governance surrounding a c£150m Central function and a c£50m Marketing cost base. This role ensures the Pentland Exec and Senior leaders are provided with appropriate visibility, analysis and insight, driving informed decisions on how best to manage and leverage this cost base.
This role will also work closely with the Programme management Office ensuring that change projects are appropriately prioritised in line with strategy, that appropriate governance for project approval is in place, that project benefit and cost is tracked, and that appropriate post investment appraisal occurs.
Finally, this role is responsible for directly providing Finance Business partner Support to the Executive team for their cost base (including strategy and PMO) and indirectly via two direct reports to the HR, Finance, IT, Consumer, Legal teams.
The key responsibilities include:
- Managing and mentoring a team of two finance business partners
- Ensure robust Accounting and governance for all areas of Overheads responsibility areas (focused alignment with Financial Control and Risk controls team on Group accounting policies – specific focus on Recruitment, Investment appraisal and marketing approval)
- Subject matter expert for Functional costs, Marketing and Project Financial Appraisal and Governance
- Deliver robust/challenging budgets for Pentland’s Central functions
- Develop insightful global functional cost reporting (including automated costs dashboard) to budget owners and ensure challenge against Budget and Forecast assumptions
- Work closely with Management Accounting, FP&A to support and guide understand areas of possible automation, look for opportunities to transition transactional activities to Shared Services
- Actively be involved in any discussions regarding financial reporting for functional costs, Marketing and Project reporting
- Understanding of Pentland Group Accounting Polices and controls to ensure robust standardised accounting
- Support Pentland PMO with strategic prioritisation of programmes, approvals process, investment appraisal review and consolidated cost and benefits reporting.
- Support and manage conversations with stakeholders of cost optimisation within Marketing spend across Pentland.
Needs to have:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA) with experience in commercial finance, investment appraisals, budgeting and cost/ project reporting.
- Team management experience
- Strong financial modelling skills
- MS Office computer skills to advanced level
- Ability to analyse financial data & discuss with non-finance customers
- Ability to see high level view while having rigour in the detail
- Excellent stakeholder management – ensuring the needs of Commercial Finance, FP&A, Management Accounts, SG&A, PMO and the project management community are met
- Commitment to driving change and managing any associated conflicts
- Have a positive confident approach to getting things done within a very demanding environment, able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to challenge
- SAP & Hyperion Experience - Desirable
Needs to be:
- Commercially aware with a CLEAR FOCUS ON driving excellent financial & commercial performance
- Experienced in analysing business performance in a commercial environment.
- Rigorous, with attention to detail and thorough delivery of goals
- Confident, professional and articulate
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise
- Discreet with sensitive/confidential information
- Able to influence having developed strong relationships with Key Stakeholders
- Flexible in approach and ‘can do’ attitude
- Focused on performance, result, teamwork
This job description is not exhaustive, and you may be required to carry out other duties as requested