Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job and Responsibilities:
This role will be the primary finance contract point and business partner to senior leaders responsible for central overheads in several areas of the business. Providing financial insight, challenge and decision support through regular performance reporting, ad-hoc analysis, investment appraisal support, long term strategic financial planning and in year re-forecasting. The role will also support the Finance Manager - Functional Cost & PMO on global functional cost reporting, planning and PMO support.
The key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with functional teams, responsible for the Pentland financial planning to actuals cycle for their areas of responsibility. Ensure robust submissions and reporting which provides the necessary insight and analysis to enable the leaders of each function and the Pentland Brands executive team to manage for delivery
- Deliver insightful reporting and analytics of financial performance, which is future focused, that covers a matrix, multi brand environment
- Build and maintain effective relationships with both finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Provide Insight to Functional cost owners to ensure decision-making is based on commercial understanding
- Work with the function to create Functional strategic plans with appropriate financials and be able to translate this into robust budgets and forecasts
- Ensure financial controls operate effectively and are adhered too, identifying and escalating areas of non-compliance
- Cost out and pressure-test restructures across the business
- Pull together and pressure-test financial business cases from different departments
- Own the Risks & Opportunities for each functional cost area to ensure no surprises
- Liaise with tax, payroll and other parties to ensure correct cost accounting treatment on central departments
- Look to continually improve the quality of functional cost reporting within Pentland
Needs to have:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA) with experience in commercial finance, budgeting and cost reporting.
- Strong financial modelling skills
- MS Office computer skills to advanced level
- Ability to analyse financial data & discuss with non-finance customers
- Ability to see high level view while having rigour in the detail
- Excellent stakeholder management – ensuring the needs of Commercial Finance, FP&A and the Functional managers are met
- Commitment to driving change and managing any associated conflicts
- Have a positive confident approach to getting things done within a very demanding environment, able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to challenge
- SAP & Hyperion Experience - Desirable
Needs to be:
- Able to analyse and interpret large amounts of data and crystalize main points in an easy to understand format.
- Commercially aware with a CLEAR FOCUS ON driving excellent financial & commercial performance
- Experienced in analysing business performance in a commercial environment.
- Rigorous, with attention to detail and thorough delivery of goals
- Confident, professional and articulate
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise
- Discreet with sensitive/confidential information
- Able to influence having developed strong relationships with Key Stakeholders
- Flexible in approach and ‘can do’ attitude
- Focused on performance, result, teamwork