Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The purpose of this role is to provide business partnering support to both the Speedo Brand Director & the EMEA Commercial Director. The role has a dual responsibility covering both the Speedo Brand & also the wider EMEA customer region in a multi-Brand capacity.
In supporting the Senior Swim/EMEA Finance Business Partner, the role is pivotal in providing financial rigor to all major business decisions & supporting key stakeholders’ understanding of business performance.
As Finance Business Partner, you will undertake a variety of partnering activities, including month end reporting & rolling forecasting, supporting long-term business planning, return on investment & commercial/profitability analysis. You will support & influence business decisions through analysis & providing insight.
The role you’d play:
- Develop insight & analysis on monthly Brand & EMEA performance, working closely with Management Accounting to prepare Brand & EMEA reporting & FP&A submissions
- Review of full Speedo P&L financials, sales & margin analysis, overhead reviews, providing forward looking data in order to aid decision making
- IBP ownership - monthly rolling forecasting & variance analysis. Review & challenge monthly customer forecasts, drive accuracy improvements & proactively identify future performance risks & opportunities, providing recommendations as how to mitigate/maximise
- Partner the Customer teams in review joint business plans with key customers, including pricing, trade terms & investment opportunities
- Support commercial decision in evaluating ROI, pricing, promotional activity
- Regional & Channel performance analysis, including sales, margin & contribution
- Marketing & campaign cost analysis & tracking. Working with budget owners to ensure robust control & review of return on investment
- Functional cost analysis & budget management
- Supporting the Senior Finance Business Partner in production of the forecast & budget including completion of group reporting packs & data loads into Hyperion Planning
- Support Senior Brand Finance Business Partner & wider Brand/Customer teams in preparing 3 Year strategic plan (Brand & EMEA region)
- Using detailed deep-dive financial analysis & modelling to provide business insight & support across various ad-hoc assignments & projects
- Build strong relationships with FP&A, Management Accounting, Speedo Brand teams & EMEA Commercial teams
- Supporting the Speedo Brand Director, EMEA Commercial Director & Senior Finance Partner with ad hoc data analysis & financial decision support
- Driving consistency, efficiency & continuous improvement across the wider finance community
- Qualified PQE, ideally with experience in business partnering & FP&A
- Experience of working to tight deadlines, juggling priorities in order to deliver
- Experience of working in a changing environment, can deal with ambiguity
- Confident, sociable with strong communication skills, both written & oral
- Can communicate financial & non-financial information concisely & simply, identifying the ‘so what?’
- Team player & can build strong relationships with multiple functions & levels of seniority
- Dedicated to maintaining high standards
- Pro-active, open-minded & have a flexible approach
- Willing to roll their sleeves up & get their hands dirty
- Excellent excel, analytical, data modelling skills
- Experience of using BW and SAP an advantage
- Logical & analytical approach to problems
- Attention to detail with the ability to self review
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.