Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The purpose of this role is to provide business partnering support for the Berghaus Brand Director, Senior Business Partner and key brand stakeholders. This is a pivotal role for providing financial rigor to all major business decisions and supporting key stakeholders understanding of business performance.
The role you’d play:
- Perform Business Partnering duties for the Berghaus team, including but not limited to:
- Providing monthly performance updates on P&L by working closely with the Management Accounting team to understand the result and potential impact of changes on the full year’s performance
- Consolidation of the monthly outlook from Business Review Meetings
- Supporting the Senior finance Partner in production of the forecast and budget including completion of group reporting packs and data loads into Hyperion Planning
- Monthly tracking of marketing, taking a holistic view across all functions
- Communication of any changes to our sales outlook to Demand Planning and Supply Chain to enhance our stock management processes
- Working with the Berghaus Leadership Team to ensure true understanding of their individual department’s financial performance and overall brand performance
- Proactively identifying risks and opportunities and how we can mitigate / materialize these
- Supporting CIA with pricing and range planning analysis
- Support with development of 3-year Brand Plans and other ad hoc project support on behalf of the Berghaus brand
- Monitoring and tracking KPIs, including profitability analysis, marketing tracking and ROI’s
- Providing financial rigor to all investments and strategic business decisions
- Providing business cases and supporting financials for new opportunities.
- Working in a truly matrix fashion, linking across various functions to drive towards mutually aligned targets and goals
- Supporting the Berghaus Brand Director and Senior Finance Partner with ad hoc data analysis and financial decision support.
- Driving consistency, efficiency and continuous improvement across the wider finance community.
The must haves:
- You are a part- or newly Qualified Accountant, ideally with experience in business partnering
- You have advanced analytical, data and modelling skills
- You are able to discuss financial performance in terms of key business drivers with non-finance people
- You use the tools and data available to form insights to aid your strategic and operational decision-making and influencing, and you use these insights to influence and persuade others.
- You can think creatively to solve strategic challenges
- You have a desire to learn and develop your financial skills in a commercial environment
- You have a willingness to challenge yourself and those around you
- You ensure alignment through collaborative relationships, empathy and understanding at all levels and across the business
- You engender a great team spirit and always seek to deliver the best outcome for the business, championing delivery on both sides of the scales
- You’re passionate about improving how we work
- You have a strong drive to impact business performance
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.