The purpose of this role is to support the Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable function as we implement new processes while maintaining financial controls.
About Pentland: Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the worlds most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear. We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet. We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance. Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
The role you’d play:
- Managing the flow of invoices into our accounting system Exchequer
- Ensuring invoices are approved in line with the current Approval matrix
- Aligning invoice expense coding as per budgets
- Processing payments within terms
- Preparation of manual payments
- Requesting direct debits from customers
- Timely reconciliation of vendor statements and requesting missing invoices
- Review vendor ledgers, and ensure all queries are resolved in a timely basis.
- Opening and distributing the incoming post
- Sending out copies of invoices to customers on request.
- Any other activity which is commensurate with the level and expectations of the role.
What you will bring:
Proven experience of working within a Finance function.
Strong Microsoft Office software knowledge - Excel, experience of Exchequer would be an advantage.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.