Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
This newly scoped UK based role will support the European business teams (mainly Germany and France but with presence in other key EMEA markets) as well as the wider HR function in supporting Pentlands expanding presence in these European markets through organic and acquisition growth. Their remit includes establishing the employment set up for employees in each market whilst considering the approach in our current markets, so proven experience in this field is essential for this role.
The successful candidate will be a true generalist HRBP and will require a good grasp of new country employment set ups, creation of contracts, benefit entitlements, and changes in regulation and legislation. This role will require a technically proficient individual who is able to flex from operational to strategic duties when required and get involved with the granular differences in European contracts and entitlements. The individual will be required to create and harmonize European policies in line with the Global HR operating model whilst considering local legislation differences.
This role will also require the individual to provide expertise and leadership in introducing and integrating our HRIS system in these markets.
The successful candidate will embed people strategies that enhance performance and support business goals and initiatives, supporting the business through any organizational design changes, leading on and participating in strategic initiatives both within HR and the wider business.
The HR team is currently undergoing a transformation to provide a global service to the business, focusing on manager and employee self-service. This role will be part of a team helping to shape and deliver this transformation and ensure that the European markets are considered and represented in this transformation.
This role requires ad-hoc travel to relevant European markets to build strong stakeholder relationships and engagement.
The role you would play:
- Responsible for ensuring the appropriate employment contracts and paperwork are in place in accordance with local legislation.
- Review and implement local benefits offerings that strikes the right balance between the wider business offerings and local standards.
- Review and harmonize European policies in line with the Global HR operating model whilst taking into account local legislation differences.
- Liaise with the Central HR team, providing local knowledge and expertise to introduce and integrate our HRIS system in these markets.
- Liaise with payroll providers to ensure effective payroll delivery and ensuring the appropriate governance is in place.
- Act as strategic partner to specific business priorities
- Partner business stakeholders to define, design, diagnose and implement complex organizational change.
- Support the business with global strategical initiatives and projects to help drive efficiency and provide appropriate governance of HR processes
- Support the business through rapid transformational change
Leadership support and guidance
- Act as a coach/advisor and provide guidance to Leadership team or Exec Leadership.
- Educate leaders and managers to take accountability for their teams
- Encourage a culture of cross-functional and cross-brand knowledge/best practice sharing
- Coach leaders through and handle complex employee relations issues including supporting any external ER cases that are raised
- Build capability within the management team to create an environment for people to thrive through coaching and guiding when working with leaders and managers on business priorities
- Lead and drive global HR transformation activities across our European teams. Work across the global HR team to drive change and deliver a truly Global HR offering
- Assess and advise on the people impact and legislative considerations of any proposed changes to the business
- Provide support to central HR team to deliver cyclical processes or strategical initiatives, ensuring European impact is considered
- As part of the HR management team, participate in the design and delivery of the global functional HR plan aligned with the strategic business goals
- Lead senior level decision-making for day-to-day people management matters, as well as the strategic direction of the business
The must haves:
- Extensive European experience as a HRBP, in commercial, fast-paced, and complex global organizations.
- Experience of liaising with international payroll providers
- Significant experience of leading complex transformational and organizational change
- Experience of managing and resolving employee relations cases within European markets
- Effective communication and problem solving skills
- Experience of delivering multiple change projects at the same time
- Experience in HR transformation activity
- Strategic mind-set with commercial focus and ability to interpret business goals into robust people strategies
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Able to bring external ideas to ensure market leading HR activity takes place
- Comfortable with ambiguity, ability to flex and adapt and resilient through periods of change
- Not afraid to challenge; ensuring the right decisions are made for our people and our business
- Fluent English and German written and verbal language skills essential. Fluent or intermediate French language skills desirable.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.