Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
This is a manager role but requires someone who is also able to be hands-on in the delivery of our ecommerce revenue across multiple brands or websites. The role ensures there are robust plans in place that are actionable and adjusts these to deliver the planned revenue and margin.
- Owns the trading calendar for ellesse and is responsible for the delivery of the sales. Ensures the calendars align with overall brand activity. The role holder may be asked to work on other brands.
- Owns the SeaVees US website, ensuring that it represents the brand appropriately and is a landing destination for marketing activity.
- Works closely with the Merchandising and Demand Planning teams to inform buys and have a clear stock plan. Liaises with apparel provider to ensure both footwear and apparel are appropriately represented
- Works with UK Digital team managing equivalent brands to draw global campaigns together
- Collaboratively leads to ensure that the correct assets and channels are supporting the delivery of the revenue line
- Plays an active role in the forming of budgets and forecasts
- Management of digital trading executives and/or digital acquisition executives ensuring resource is appropriately managed and acts as leader across the digital team
- Utilise data and analytics to drive category performance and product sell through
- Proactively responds to trading conditions to ensure a robust plan, both strategic and tactical is in place to hit the sales targets
- Inputs to the Integrated Business Planning.
What you need to have:
- Solid commercial experience in a retail or brand ecommerce environment
- Strong commercial acumen and able to utilise data to make informed decisions to drive performance
- People and team management experience
- Use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What we need to see in you:
- A team player and with ability to influence and collaborate across a number of teams
- Adaptable to respond quickly to competing demands and quick to action changes need to planning process
- Strategic but have the ability to deliver detailed tactical plans
- A strong negotiator who is able to influence across multiple divisions, functions and teams
- Proactive and creative thinker who can bring new ideas to the table
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.