Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
This role provides leadership but is hands-on in the delivery of our ecommerce revenue and digital product strategy for chosen brands across Pentland portfolio. The role ensures there are robust plans in place that are actionable and adjusts these to deliver commercial benefit to the business combined with consumer value. Effective management of owned digital platforms to ensure that they showcase the brand and product, whilst driving brand awareness, advocacy and sales. To work cross functionally with the Brand and Planning function to ensure commercial plans are in support of the brand ambition whilst fulfilling controllable profit targets taking P&L accountability for chosen brand
The role you’d play:
- Responsible for forging strong relationships with key stakeholders delivering the brand and regional vision in a digital context
- Provides a rounded view of the Digital ecosystem acting as the conduit for brand and commercial functions for chosen brand
- Owns the commercial plans for chosen brand, developed in service of the regional strategy ensuring sales & margin target are achieved.
- Plays an active role in the forming of financial budgets and forecasts aligning to the monthly IBP process
- Provides detailed understanding of digital product initiatives & performance taking commercial responsibility in quantifying opportunities & risks
- Proactively responds to trading conditions to ensure plans, both strategic and tactical (clearance) are in place to achieve revenue lines.
- Utilise insight and data to inform channel marketing activity and shape the Product roadmap (co-ownership with Digital Experience).
- Collaboratively leads to ensure that campaign execution and digital products are supporting the delivery of both the financial ambition and product roadmap.
- Proactively participates in Discovery activities, working with relevant digital and IT and business stakeholders to ultimately write user stories that support final designs
- Provides full visibility of commercial levers, taking P&L accountability for chosen brand providing an extra level of transparency across key stakeholders
- Works closely with the Regional Planning Team to inform buys, ensuring the stock plan is in support of financial ambition.
- Is able to synthesize site metrics and physical product data to form & influence buying decisions
- Utilise data and analytics to drive category performance and product sell through
- Management of eCommerce executive ensuring resource is appropriately managed and acts as leader across the Digital team
The must haves:
- Solid commercial experience in a retail or brand ecommerce environment
- Strong commercial acumen and able to utilise data to make informed decisions to drive performance
- People and team management experience
- Proven experience in online product management, working in a matrixed organisation, managing product prioritisation, roadmap, and delivery of user-facing functionality
- Experience running A/B and multivariate tests, using consumer data to drive decision-making and being willing to question your assumptions on a regular basis
- Use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with analytical / software suites (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, SAP BW)
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of digital experience design
- Appreciation of digital marketing planning, execution and growth strategies.
- A natural preference for working collaboratively and cross-functionally
- A team player and with the ability to influence and collaborate across several teams
- Adaptable to respond quickly to competing demands and quick to action changes need to planning process
- Strategic but can have the ability to deliver detailed tactical plans
- You will love engaging people across the company at all levels with your enthusiasm for making positive change that will improve how our consumers experience our brands.
- Proactive and creative thinker who can bring new ideas to the table
- You can listen and interact effectively with different interpersonal styles
- You are achievement oriented with the desire to learn and grow
- You have budget management experience