Pentland Brands, a leading global company, is seeking a dynamic and experienced Distribution Manager to join our Distribution Centre in Washington, Tyne and Wear, UK. The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the distribution centre, driving operational excellence, and contributing to the overall success of the Global Supply Chain.
The role you’d play:
- Ensure DC throughput targets are met within agreed service levels.
- Manage all DC expenditure within agreed budgets.
- Actively participate in budget setting to align costs with future business requirements.
- Drive forward the operational performance of the DC.
- Develop, encourage, support, and coach the team to achieve their full potential.
- Manage external partners, including 3PL partners and outbound carriers.
- Collaborate with the Global Supply Chain team on improvement projects, focusing on WMS/WLM requirements.
- Work with the HR team to ensure the right level of people support and development.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement throughout the distribution center.
- Be a strategic member of the Global Supply Chain management team, contributing to overall business objectives.
- Strive for 'best in class' status for the distribution center.
- Implement a formal KPI structure for the DC, setting and managing objectives.
- Ensure accurate stock management within financial targets.
- Ensure the team maintains a customer-focused approach with our brands and all customers.
- Facilities Management:
- Manage the facilities process of the DC to ensure buildings remain in good upkeep and function safely.
What you’d bring:
- Proven experience in distribution center management.
- Strong understanding of warehouse operations, logistics, and supply chain management.
- Ability to analyse data, make informed decisions, and implement process improvements.
- Familiarity with warehouse management systems (WMS) and other relevant technology.
- Commitment to safety, quality, and continuous improvement.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive remuneration package
- Hybrid / smart working
- Brand and retail perks
- Financial perks
- Travel perks
- Time out perks
- Wellbeing commitment
Who we are
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Apply for this position