Director of Marketing - SeaVees USA
At SeaVees we’ve been keeping it casual since 1964. We’re a brand of optimists who believe comfortable shoes let you, be you. Our products are intentionally simple, purposely timeless, consciously crafted. They are not meant to convey an image. They are designed to give you the confidence to unapologetically show up as yourself. After all, appearance is a form of expression not validation. If we can do one thing, it’s to provide everyone with a reason to walk around this world feeling a little more casual and a lot more confident.
Let’s get Casual.
This is an exciting time to join the brand. Born in 1964 SeaVees is a brand with a rich and colorful heritage; did you know we pioneered the transformation of the sneaker from gym shoe to casual shoe? We have a very loyal fan club of consumers and now it’s time share SeaVees with more people. Through our efforts, we will grow the fan base, introduce people to the best sneaker brand they have never heard of, and bring them into our loyal crew. We are looking for a leader who will understand and engage with the SeaVees consumer and ensure that all marketing activity is insightful and relevant so that we attract and retain consumers with impactful leading-edge campaigns. Reporting directly to the CEO and founder, the ideal candidate will develop, lead, and execute bold, imaginative, and innovative brand campaigns at all consumer touch points, which will build brand awareness, grow market share, drive footfall and profitable sales. The Director of Marketing will be highly entrepreneurial with blue chip marketing foundations, as well as recent experience working in a fast-paced digitally focused growth business.
If this sounds like the role for you and you feel you have the attributes we are looking for (including being an unflappable multi-tasker with a sense of humor), apply now as we would love to hear from you!
- Possess instinctive knowledge of what great consumer experience feels like and how to help teams deliver it.
- Have an affinity for the SeaVees brand, including its aesthetics and tone of voice, with the ability to intuitively know how to engage the brand’s target consumer.
- Lead, develop and drive implementation of SeaVees brand marketing strategies and integrated seasonal marketing plans for key marketing initiatives and for all product launches and product lines as well as Digital and CRM growth strategies.
- Lead an on-going integrated marketing process to ensure timely delivery of all campaign assets and consumer activations and guide the development of innovative marketing strategies and tactics to enhance and expand Brand across all marketing functions including PR, social media, paid media, ambassador programs, event marketing, retail/wholesale visual merchandising, to reach, engage and inspire our target consumers more effectively.
- Develop and deliver marketing briefs to internal/external creative teams, agency partners, and freelancers to inspire and guide creative development.
- Build, maintain, and communicate the rolling product marketing launch calendar to Sales, Product, Manufacturing, and regional leadership teams for all assigned launches and product lines, aligning timing, marketing mix and level of investment for each.
- Support a seasonal & on-going GTM process across Product, Marketing, Sales & Operations, through ongoing communication, tool/asset development, and creation/delivery of presentations supporting key new product introductions.
- Budgeting – Participate in the annual and quarterly budgeting process, set target spending parameters for assigned initiatives, help negotiate and maintain costs across functional departments, and track budget expenditures for planning & reporting purposes,
- Reporting – Lead the on-going recapping and evaluation of initiative execution to show results, share learnings and inform future planning. Prepare integrated marketing updates, status and monthly reports, and presentations for management and senior leadership team as needed.
- Stakeholders -- Maintain effective working relationships with internal partners across marketing, product, sales, ops and finance, and external marketing agencies & resources as needed.
- Consumer Trends – build relationships with key consumer groups and work closely with internal thought-leaders and external networks to identify influencers and stay current on market trends.
- Market intelligence – be the expert on consumers/customers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on competition’s market positions and products.
- Be the voice of the consumer and protector of brand by developing consumer research/insights to ensure all marketing programs are targeted to drive the right brand strategy with the right consumer.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 10-15+ years of experience in Marketing or Communications with at least 5 of those years spent leading integrated B2C brand marketing teams and initiatives, including marketing strategy, insights, marketing briefs, creative briefs, concept development and communications planning.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience of working within a creative organisation, where everyone is hands-on, and where the focus is on getting the job done.
- Proven track-record working in one or more of the following marketing disciplines: brand management, advertising, media, digital, social, brand communications, experiential / event marketing and retail / account marketing.
- Highly ambitious and innovative brand and marketing leader, with proven experience of driving commercial growth on the back of impeccable brand execution.
- Excellent leadership and organizing skills.
- Analytical and creative thinking.
- Digitally-savvy. Up to speed with digital marketing best-practices, including online/mobile, social media, paid-earned-owned marketing techniques insight generation, and top of funnel analytics.
- Digitally-native. Up to speed with how brands leverage digital apps, products, services, social / digital marketing tools to more effectively reach, engage and serve consumers at every stage.
- Thought-leader and creative catalyst, able to identify and evangelize opportunities to enhance the consumer experience and strengthen the brand’s position.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Consumer-first and customer-oriented approach to driving consumer-facing marketing development and supporting customer-facing sales & go to market process.
- Ability and willingness to work outside of typical office hours when needed, including some weekends depending on events and campaign needs.