Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
- Interpret user needs and insight alongside the UX team to generate ideas and create visually engaging design concepts
- Present ideas and concepts to the wider digital team and project teams
- Build upon the UI designs to deliver the final visual design for user interfaces across various digital platforms
- Champion the process of test & learn, continually optimising designs
- Deliver digital assets ranging from re-sizing to the development of motion graphics, transitions, and animations
- Ensure alignment to brand guidelines and design system patterns
- Work cross-functionally and collaboratively with UX designers and a UI designer as well as an internal creative agency
What you need to have:
- Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of typography, layout and design
- Experience with transitions, animation, motions design and dynamic interaction
- Experience of working with a design system component library
- Solid foundation in Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Understand and have designed to meet web accessibility guidelines
- Worked in a highly collaborative, agile/scrum environment.
What we need to see in you:
- Passionate about Product Design and Brands and how to create engaging visual identity
- Is not afraid of last minute changes and requests
- Creative thinker, talented at coming up with new ideas and solutions
- Problem solver
- Able to present ideas, concepts and final designs clearly and succinctly
- A basic understanding of web development
- User focused with an ability to challenge own thinking
- Monitor and keep up to date with trends
- Highly collaborative as part of the team
- Proactive, organised and structured with great attention to detail
- Committed to constantly bettering your skills & knowledge
- Self-motivated, organised and accountable
Ideal but not necessary:
- Experience in a D2C landscape
- Experience in the Fashion or Footwear industry
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.