Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
Own and drive product development strategy for a number of our brands in order to deliver a category-leading consumer experience of our brands.
- As the owner of the relationship with the relevant brand teams, you are responsible for forging strong relationships with brand teams and delivering on the brand vision in a digital context
- Responsible for delivering the revenue targets of our brands and ensuring they are growing in line with brand plans
- Creating the product roadmap and ensuring the digital experience is optimised through the customer journey
- Driving the digital brand strategy in line with the overall brand strategy and manage the development, implementation and full lifecycle of products
- Updating and improve the site capabilities using web analytics
- Working on refining the overall user experience
- Creating business requirements, wireframes and produce prototypes etc.
- Running workshops, conduct user testing and optimise the customer experience
- Constantly striving to identify new opportunities and commercially justify your decisions
- Understanding and analysing product performance post launch
- Performing competitor analysis and understanding the competitive landscape and how to stay ahead of the curve as regards product offerings, Web functionality, customer satisfaction etc
- Taking full ownership over performance of your products – tracking results and ensuring products stay on target
Work as one with your peers across the digital team, particularly digital trading managers
Needs to have:
- Have experience of managing B2C digital commerce products end to end within brand name organisations
- Have the gravitas to influence at a senior level and able to make a real impact
- Be extremely commercially aware decision maker
- Have strong experience/understanding of Business Analysis, UAT, Copywriting, Web Analytics, Marketing, Design and Project Management.
- Have experience with Google Analytics or other similar Online Analytical tools
- Be proficient in modelling, analysing, researching and presenting findings
- Be creative and innovative
- Demonstrate first rate problem solving skills
- Have excellent communication and numeracy skills
- Use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Needs to be:
- Highly collaborative and accustomed to working in matrix environments with multi-disciplinary teams
- Highly commercial and driven to deliver growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organisation and planning skills
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.