Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
Our consumers have an intimate relationship with the products & services that we create. This role will uniquely impact the experience that people all over the world will have when they interact with our brands through digital products and services.
As part of the innovation leadership team you will be accountable for the creation of new and relevant digital technologies and solutions across the full portfolio of brands and categories. This is a highly collaborative leadership role, working closely with the wider Innovation team, brands and central functions.
You will prove the value of digital innovation across the business by showcasing what’s possible, translating this into meaningful consumer experiences and viable business solutions.
- You will combine your acute understanding of what consumers want/need with an expert opinion of what is possible – hitting the sweet spot between desirability and feasibility.
- You will lead and mentor a creative technologist – providing a broad mix of expertise into workstreams as and where needed
- You’ll identify capability gaps and use your strong external networks to collaborate and partner with the best-in-breed externals – ensuring that we always find a route to solving the most relevant business opportunities
- We achieve an intimate closeness with the people that matter the most through constant consumer testing and validation. Your hands-on creative and technical ability will help the team to execute rapid “prototype and test” iterations
- We generate novel and desirable digital concepts that address consumer pains and gains - your natural creative approach and strong technical background enables you to both contribute to, and lead, this activity
- Digital will play an ever-increasing role across all innovation activity. You’ll be the digital authority in the team and will seek opportunities to share expertise, add value and grow digital capability across the entire function
- Expert application of the latest methods and practices will ensure that product & service performance and functional risk is managed throughout the process – you will drive best practice in this area
- The integration of digital technology into our apparel, equipment and footwear products will become norm. You’ll seek ways in which digital technology can bring new and valuable benefits to the experience of interacting with, and wearing our products
- Scalability will be baked-in to all projects, you will work alongside the Brand and central Digital function to ensure that the necessary controls are in place at the appropriate times
- Your firm grasp of the latest digital technology trends will serve as a source of input and inspiration across the exploration and scoping phases, and your closeness with the central digital function will ensure a smooth delivery into brand
- Fast always beats slow – you’ll endeavour to find new ways for you, your team and those around you to be agile and inventive in your approach to rapid problem solving
- The matrix structure creates a single, diverse and deployable capability able to tackle the most complex and ambitious innovation challenges – you will interface brilliantly with other functional and solutions leads to fully activate this environment
- Digital activity is completed on time, to spec and within cost targets – you will agree these targets upfront with the Solutions Leads and Operations Manager
The must haves:
- Demonstrable experience of successfully delivering digital products/services from concept to launch, ideally across many categories and consumer groups
- Evidence of providing digital leadership within an R&D or Innovation environment
- Proven leadership, mentoring and development of people and teams
- Strong analytical ability – able to break down complex qual/quant data into clearly defined problem statements and work packages
- Evidence of managing consumer/user facing trials and validation activity
- Excellent creative and prototyping skills – ability to design, build, test, learn and refine in rapid cycles
- Possess the technical experience and gravitas to be credible expert, ensuring both the team and stakeholders are clear and confident in your ability to lead digital workstreams
- The ability to work in agile yet clear manner, keeping key stakeholders involved at the right time and with the right information
- Significant experience of engaging and collaborating with external partners – setting objectives, negotiating terms and ensuring delivery on time and in full
- Proven ability to challenge the norm, influencing and leading change within an established function
- Experience working within, and leading, cross-functional and matrix teams
- Strong grasp of global compliance standards and regulations relating to consumer data protection
- Demonstrable expertise across a wide spectrum of client/server, web & mobile development – a UX/UI practitioner with the ability to lead full stack development
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.