Be responsible for maximising sales and profit across all brands for Digital Marketplaces, Pentland Connect & retail stores through a proactive approach to managing stock. The role will involve building and maintaining forecasts across all brands to ensure we have the right stock in the right place at the right time.
Working cross functionally with Commercial, Digital, Customer Operations, Merchandising and Demand Planning to effectively communicate your analysis to drive action. The role will involve a combination of current sales analysis and forward planning so that we can respond to changes in consumer habits. A key focus will be identifying trends and taking action to ensure the demand for stock is satisfied and availability is maximised.
Working closely with the Senior Channel Merchandiser to summarise key messages and actions on a weekly and monthly basis including regular reporting against key stock, sales and margin KPI’s. Using these key messages to influence and engage stakeholders to shape the forward strategy of the channel.
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the worlds most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.
The role you’d play:
- Support the “Business to Business”, Marketplace and Store Teams to plan the seasonal product selection and associated inventory levels in line with department budget targets and strategy
- Accountable for providing accurate weekly and monthly inventory & stock reports (including monthly and end of season reviews on SKU productivity, etc.) for our online marketplaces such as Zalando, our Stores and our Business to Business Platform
- Providing Sales, Stock and Profit Analysis to support cross functional working across Merchandising, Commercial, Finance and Demand Planning
- Responsible for inventory availability and demand forecasting on a weekly basis for our online marketplaces such as Zalando, our Stores and our Business to Business Platform
- Providing demand forecast recommendations to ensure delivery of all marketing campaigns, business focus areas, trials and events
- Stock/volume planning and control of inventory levels across our online marketplaces, our Stores and our Business to Business Platform
- Support the teams with managing ‘out of stocks’, identifying replacements and maximising use of free stock opportunities to ensure targets are achieved
- Support the team to identify inventory clearance opportunities
- Helping to establish and shape new ways of working and processes
- Being proactive through spotting trends in the data to maximise opportunities and minimise risk
What you'll bring:
- High numeracy levels with a keen eye for detail
- Can demonstrate sound decision-making based on intuition and judgement
- Good communication and excellent team player, confident dealing with colleagues at all levels including management
- Effective time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
- Previous retail experience within Merchandising at Junior Merchandiser level within retail and/or e-commerce. Experience working within Commercial/Merchandising within Digital/Online will also be considered
- Use of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly analytical with strong excel skills. These skills should include, but are not limited to, Pivot Tables, Lookups, SumIF’s and be comfortable using complex excel spreadsheets
- Commercially aware to maximise sales and profit opportunities
- Able to be hands-on and self-motivated with the ability to meet deadlines