Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
We are looking for a Digital Experience Lead to join the Digital Experience team at Pentland Brands. The Digital Experience team is responsible for ensuring that the experience we offer online to our consumers is of the highest quality and created with our consumers in mind. To achieve this we utilise a broad range of user research methods, and then use the research findings to influence the UXUI of our D2C websites, apps, digital advertising, social media, partner websites etc.
The Digital Experience Lead would be responsible for supporting the team in BAU activity, owning projects, managing stakeholders across the business, researching and analysing upcoming opportunities, distilling user research, supporting in the creation & upkeep of the Digital Experience roadmap, and a range of other activities related to Digital Experience, UX, and UI.
The role you’d play:
- Work collaboratively with the Digital Experience team (Manager, UX Designers, UI Designers etc) on all projects as we seek to grow and support each other
- Understand the materials that the Digital Experience Designers create (wireframes, prototypes, user flows, customer journey maps etc) and be able to work with the designers to achieve the desired output, as well as use them in communication with stakeholders.
- Design UXUI wireframes in collaboration with the other designers in the team (dependant on experience)
- Be able to quickly grasp user research findings and translate these into consumer-focused digital solutions.
- Work with the eCommerce Managers and other relevant business owners to support the UXUI design development from initial explorations to final build.
- Manage stakeholders at every level of the business to ensure clear communication and alignment throughout whole projects
- Research & analyse all the available options to help inform upcoming projects through competitor / comparator analysis
- Own projects autonomously
- Support in the creation & upkeep of the Digital Experience roadmap
- Plan & deliver the digital activation of global marketing campaigns, working closely with the wider team
- Work with the different departments to ensure clear briefs are given to the Digital team
- Look for the gaps in our knowledge / planning and make proactive suggestions
- Balance the user needs, business goals and technical restrictions in line with delivering a superior user experience
- Open to challenging existing ways of working
The must haves:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, confident in presenting and speaking in meetings
- Experience in designing and/or managing digital products (or relevant project management experience)
- Relevant commercial experience
- Demonstrate the business impact of your previous work
- Ability to work as part of cross functional delivery team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to explain complex scenarios to people at all levels across the business in a kind, clear, & diplomatic way
- Passionate about consumer-focussed thinking and how that is played out in a digital setting
- Comfortable with complex projects, and able to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to manage multiple projects at once
- Proactive outlook with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Experience working with user research in a digital product setting (desirable but not compulsory)
- Previous experience in ecommerce (desirable but not compulsory)
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
If this sounds like a good role for you, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.