Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
To ensure data, analytics and insight is used at the heart of all decision making and developments within the Digital team
- Oversee the delivery of Pentland’s digital measurement strategy, from data collection, through processing and to report and insight delivery.
- Precision: ensure data collection is accurate and encompasses the most comprehensive picture of digital consumer behaviour available across the entire consumer journey.
- Champion and communicate the use and benefits of analytics across the business. Promote best analytics practice and training within the digital team. Celebrate analytics and foster collaboration with wider business stakeholders. Make complex data and insights understandable and actionable for the wider business.
- Identify and implement the platforms and methods needed to give Pentland a competitive advantage by uncovering insights and unlocking new understanding of consumer behaviour.
- Inspire and develop a growing team of digital analysts to deliver business reporting, a CRO programme and CRM analytics.
- Recommend and deploy the necessary technology for Pentland’s data warehouse, data-mining & ML and data visualisation tools.
- Expert within the team, helping wider understanding and the importance of nuances in data and what that means on associated actions.
- Develops and runs site reporting and measurement – in conjunction with trading manager and digital product team as appropriate
- Undertake BAU (business as usual) and project/workstream specific consumer analysis, provide interpretation and recommendations in order to make informed data and insight led decisions on future activities.
- Key contact with Insights team to up-skill/increase digital knowledge within the business
- Ability to link pieces of data and analyse in a robust manner e.g. controls, cannibilisation, appropriate methodologies. Undertaking analysis that is GDPR compliant
- Keeps abreast of competitor activity – consumer sports brands and functionality they are using to maximise engagement or revenue
- Deliver CRO prioritisation and opportunity analysis in support in A/B testing programme
- Key support in email segmentation and approach
- Embeds the use of, and educates the team on methodologies, and approaches to obtaining and using insight
Needs to have:
- Experience in an analytical role within a digital consumer-facing business
- Experience team leader
- Proven experience of numeric data, statistical analysis and presentation skills. Familiar with one of python, R, SQL expected.
- Degree in a numeracy based subject e.g. Mathematics, Physics
- Able to probe, interpret and translate business problems into defined analytical briefs.
- Able to take complex data and translate into simple/easy to understand/meaningful information
Needs to be:
- Literate in Google Analytics, and other packages with dashboards e.g. (desirable) Certona, Reevoo, SalesForce packages (Commerce Cloud etc).