Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
To ensure data, analytics and insight is used at the heart of all decision making and developments within the Digital team
- BAU (business as usual) and project/workstream specific consumer analysis, interpretation and recommendations in order to make informed data and insight led decisions on future activities.
- Covers all areas of digital; online market, consumer, shopper, business sales/profit, pricing, on-site performance, acquisition, engagement.
- Provides guidance, clarity and support to the team to ensure all developments are built with MI in mind
- Supports quarterly data and insight reviews across the team – across all devices, territories and platforms, (paid, owned & earned)
- Ability to link pieces of data and analyse in a robust manner eg controls, cannibilisation, appropriate methodologies.
- Expert within the team, helping wider understanding and the importance of nuances in data and what that means on associated actions.
- Runs site reporting and measurement – in conjunction with trading manager as appropriate
- Keeps abreast of competitor activity – consumer sports brands and functionality they are using to maximise engagement or revenue
- Key support in A/B testing programme
- Key support in email segmentation and approach
- Uses fact to inform team, business cases, workstreams, and strategic thinking - supporting solutions that balance brand and commercials
Needs to have:
- Experience in an analytical role within a digital consumer-facing business
- Proven experience of numeric data, statistical analysis and presentation skills
- Working experience with SQL (MySQL, SQL Server, BigQuery)
- Experience with Python or any other Programming Language for data engineering processes
- Experience working with APIs
- Degree in a numeracy based subject eg. Mathematics, Physics
- Ability to take complex data and translate into simple/easy to understand/meaningful information
- Prioritisation skills
- Probing and questioning to get to root of requirements/clarity on purpose.
Needs to be:
- Literate in Google Analytics, and other packages with dashboards eg (ideal) Certona, Reevoo, Demandware