Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Drive the garment development process from receipt of tech pack to buy order production ready for assigned Vendors/factories, with an emphasis on product sampling, costing, engineering in accordance with the development calendars. Technical support and arrange GB testing for Global range products launch in China Market.
- Establish best practice with UK on how to execute products development, and feedback/communication mechanism.
- Manage communications with vendors for specification and prototype timelines
- Ensure all tech packages/product specifications are accurately created, maintained and updated Proto in tracking system
3. Drive thePre-check Development Proto meeting in factorysample
- Review prototypes with vendor and developer to confirm amendments required
- Be proactive in applying garment construction and manufacturing processes re-engineering to maximize cost benefits and improve margin.
4. Technical support to Vendor for executing all components application tests, maintained the application tracking to get mock-ups past in development stages.
5. Review and precheck salesman samples. Handle the SMS comments to final specification and Gold Seal samples for bulk.
6. Lead the PP meetings to ensure smooth transition from development to bulk production. Arrange final inspection where needed
7. Responsible for ensuring product compliance to relevant legal standards in both safety and chemical,
8. Technical support and arrange GB testing for Global range products launch in China Market
9. Technical support on customer return and complain with quality issues.
10. Set up QB (QiBiao) standard for China Market when necessary.
11. Drive key vendor self-approval initiatives, i.e. tech packages creation, Certified QC program etc., to improve development lead-times and efficiencies.
What you need to have:
1. Attention to detail is key
2. Ability to communicate internally and externally and embrace cross functional working.
3. Ability to work cross culturally and communicate the product demands
4. Good working knowledge of computer packages, eg Word, Excel, Power point, Illustrator and Email
5. Ability to understand and drive change where necessary
Experience/Job Knowledge/Education needed:
1. Product construction knowledge for garment.
2. Preparation of product specifications and maintaining data to support effective product development translation at overseas vendors
3. Pattern construction and grading knowledge for relevant product categories
4. Vendor evaluation experience in terms of product capability and corporate social responsibility
5. Both chemical & physical, external & in-house testing & legal requirement knowledge.
What we need to see in you:
1. Strong team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
2. Able and willing to work under own initiative. Willing to travel.
3. Champion positive attitude and cross culture working ethics
4. Passionate about product development and company success
5. Commercially aware, but challenge the norm with regards to product development and costing structure.
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.