Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of the Job:
- Process focused, working in conjunction with factories as well as Pentland Garment Lead QA & Technical team to advance factory capability and responsibility in quality assurance initiatives.
- Support factory certified QC programme, quality issues solving and continuous improvement to ensure all processes lead to premium product.
Job Holder Needs to Do:
- Quality assurance initiatives in assigned factories to support and facilitate the move from end-of-the-line QC to factory driven in-process QA: 2) Ensure that materials and components meet established Garment physical properties by monitoring lab testing results;
- 3) Engage and lead factory supervisors and QC/QA personnel in both daily quality discussions and regular ‘Quality Circle’ meetings, making sure concerns are addressed through the timely completion of factory action plans.
- 1) Focus on standardization of all in-process procedures/SOPs by performing regular Best Practice and in-line audits;
- Factory certified QC programme: support the factory certified QC programme through hiring, training, certification, performance evaluation. Emulate the Pentland Garment QA role to utilize Factory certified QC as resources in QC duties. Assign routine responsibilities such as final inspection, workshop/SOP auditing, quality continuous improvement projects etc.,
- Quality issues solving and continuous improvement: support lead QA and technical team to define the root causes and action plans for the quality issues from market defective returns and daily in-line and final inspection. Support the quality continuous improvement projects to continuously drive Pentland Garment quality standards and Quality Manual
- Drive PP sampling approval and participate into the PP meetings. Raise concerns, follow up pending issues to be solved in production
- Drive, monitor and report key quality performance indicators from the assigned vendors
What you need to have:
- Garment construction & pattern engineering to improve fit and cost margin
- In depth Garment manufacturing processes in a factory environment
- Better understanding of fabrics, trims and related testing
- Good communication skills both verbally and electronically in a multi-cultural environment
What we need to see in you:
- Graduated from textile engineering/garment design background
- Travel frequently
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.