Our consumers have an intimate relationship with the products we create. This role will uniquely impact the experience that our athletes have when they try on, wear and interact with our apparel. This role will also be responsible for special make up (SMU) and graphics.
You are a source of fresh perspectives and ideas, ensuring that we explore all possibilities and develop only the best ideas into apparel concepts that will engage our consumers
The role you’d play:
- Solutions for special make up (SMU) will be first-rate, demonstrating an unwavering focus on what consumers really need and desire
- Apparel and graphic print concepts that will surprise, amaze and delight our athletes – solving their problems and engaging them with our brands
- We will achieve a healthy tension between “what we can do” and “what we should do” – through a close-knit team culture that supports and challenges everyone to be better than ever
- We achieve an intimate understanding with the people that matter the most through constant consumer testing and validation, your creative approach and inquisitive nature will enable us to develop and prove the most powerful consumer truths
- You will provide skill and professionalism to the design and prototyping process, working closely with developers to fully embody our concepts
- The exploration and scoping phases will be inspired by your understanding of the latest technological trends within apparel markets and industries
- Digital will play an ever-increasing role in apparel design, you’ll look for ways in which digital technology can bring new and valuable benefits to the experience of wearing and using our products
- You will work effectively alongside your peers, committed to diverse thinking as a means to solve a wide spectrum of innovation challenges
What you will bring:
- Experience in producing leading edge apparel design ideally within or for a global sportswear brand or similar industry
- Experience of working with consumer insight, trend, design, innovation, and scientific experts and information sources from across the globe
- Proven ability to generate ground-breaking conceptual ideas based on insights, scientific principles, technology, trends, data and research findings
- Ability to create graphic print & pattern design concepts for both SMU and main-line products, and the ability to set-up designs for the either sublimation printing and/or roller printing prior to sampling and production
- Strong visualisation ability to develop initial concepts and share with internal teams for review
- Experience of cross functional working and integration
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (or similar)
- Experience with performance materials, technology, digital development and cutting-edge garment manufacturing methods
- Experience in working with consumers at all levels and experience working with elite athletes / coaches of additional benefit
- Exceptional technical knowledge of garment design and the process of innovation, including latest industry developments and know how
- Proven ability of working with external individuals and partners to support design and innovation
- Strong communication / listening skills with experience in tailoring style and content dependent on the audience as well as understanding cultural differences and requirements
- Proven ability to challenge the norm, think laterally and successfully persuade and influence others.
Needs to be:
- Highly collaborative and keen to push themselves and the team forward in positive way
- Curious and driven to look externally and laterally for the inspiration to drive ideas
- Able to operate within a diverse team of functional and method experts, prepared to challenge and be challenged
- Flexible and adaptable to changing conditions
- Driven by what consumers need now, with the ability to envision a future state
- A strong advocate for their specialism, but able to focus behind the best end result for the project
- Able to balance what would be incredible with what is appropriate
- Comfortable with failure as a means to progress
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the worlds most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your lifeApply for this position