Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Responsible for delivering consumer led global designs which align to the brand DNA and seasonal creative direction under guidance from the Head of Design and Senior Designer
Collaborate across multiple areas to gain alignment and engagement
The role you’d play:
- In collaboration with the Head of Design and Senior Designer, you will be responsible for delivering own designs against Brand seasonal creative direction and product briefs, whilst maintaining Brand DNA, VBL and guidelines
- Contribute in the creation of seasonal creative direction, trend overviews, colour and mood boards
- Deliver consumer focused designs aligned with allocated category and/or range direction, and which achieve commercial targets
- Ensure own designs incorporate consumer and concept testing feedback, throughout design process to ensure new designs align with target consumer needs and desire
- Ensure own designs have a coherent and compelling offer to seamlessly merchandise into product categories and range, combining desirable aesthetics with credible performance and technical needs
- Deliver coloured CAD's which are consumer focused, trend led and commercial aligned with allocated category merchandising approach
- Push creative boundaries whilst delivering against commercial opportunities
- Responsible for delivering allocated designs as needed based on seasonal workload, from concept through to CAD work, colour overviews, technical specifications and updates, to upload into PLM (or similar), on time against seasonal deadlines
- Deliver designs in a clear and concise format and present at design reviews, with detailed renderings and technical specifications in the required format in Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Contributes towards cost saving solutions to achieve seasonal margin target whilst retaining creativity
- Contribute, as required, to updating and maintaining Visual Brand Identity aligned to brand positioning and DNA
- Actively participate in proto reviews ensuring design integrity is maintained through to final sign-off
- Support Development and Materials Teams to deliver design and colour specifications on time and at key stage gates in the product creation process
- Actively research the market and trends, looking further than immediate scope of work and produce detailed reports following each research visit
- Maintain communication with superiors at all times throughout the process ensuring your message is clearly understood
- Any other activities commensurate with the level of this role
The must haves:
- Educated to degree level and/or with proven experience, preferably within Outdoor, Sports, Fashion or Product Design or a related field or area
- Clear understanding and consideration of pattern making, draping, materials, trims, garmen construction, fit and manufacturing processes
Consumer focused with a strong technical bias
- Strong creative and trend skills, with a proven commercial background
- Ability and strong understanding of "design to cost" and "design for manufacture'' throughout the design creation process
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, plus excellent freehand drawing and rendering skills. Knowledge of Excel an advantage
- Proven ability to work within a critical path and meet deadlines, managing time efficiently to achieve completion of a professional standard of work
- Able to manage and work to deadlines as well as multi-tasking
- Very organised, structured and self-motivated and equally comfortable working within a team or independently towards meeting short-term and long-term objectives
- Collaborates effectively to maintain and develop trustful relationships with peers across the business or multiple functions and within the product team
- Ability to work across multiple functions with experience of working in a matrix structure a benefit
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills both interpersonally and within a group conveying strong brand empathy
- Communicates with enthusiasm
- Understands cultural differences
- Enthusiastic about design, inspiring, creative, forward-thinking and energetic
- Demonstrate the ability to use own initiative
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and able to multi-task
- Confident in making design decisions and able to challenge upwards and across functions in the appropriate way if needed
- Asks questions and seeks understanding first
- Pushes oneself to exceed expectations
- Is perceived as credible and an expert in the area/category
- Adaptable and versatile
- The ability to travel and spend time away from home
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.