Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
To create compelling apparel design solutions for the Swimming category. Responsible for delivering consumer led design solutions which align to the brand DNA and seasonal creative direction under guidance from the Creative Lead and Apparel Design Lead.
- In collaboration with the Brand Creative Lead, responsible for delivering design solutions against Brand seasonal creative direction and product briefs, whilst maintaining Brand DNA and VBL
- Contribute in the creation of seasonal creative direction, trend overviews, colour and mood boards
- Deliver consumer focused designs aligned with allocated category and/or range direction, and which achieve commercial targets
- Incorporate consumer and concept testing feedback, throughout design process to ensure NPD is aligned with target consumer needs
- Deliver coloured CAD's which are consumer focused, trend led and commercial designs aligned with allocated category merchandising
- Push creative boundaries whilst delivering against commercial opportunities
- Responsible for delivering allocated designs as needed based on seasonal or brand workload, from concept through CAD work, colour overviews, technical specifications and updates, to upload into PLM (or similar), on time against the seasonal C2C deadlines
- Contribute, as required, to updating and maintaining Visual Brand Identity aligned to brand positioning and DNA
- Deliver designs in a clear and concise format and present at design reviews, with detailed renderings and technical specifications in the required format in Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Actively participate in prototype reviews ensuring design integrity is maintained
- Support Innovation Team and Development Team to deliver design and colour specifications on time and at key stage gates in the product creation process
- Actively research the market and trends, looking further than immediate scope of work and produce detailed reports following each research visit
- Any other activities commensurate with the level of this role
The must haves:
- Educated to degree level or similar experience, preferably within, Sports Fashion or Product Design or a related field or area
- Proven Design experience in a sporting / outdoor / lifestyle brand aligned to the Brand or category you’ll be working on
- Clear understanding and consideration of pattern making, draping, materials, trims, garment fit/construction and manufacturing processes.
- Consumer focused with a strong technical bias within their given design specialism
- Strong creative and trend skills, with a proven commercial background
- Strong sense of international market trends balanced with the importance of originality through invention
- Clear understanding and consideration of construction and manufacturing methods in design solutions
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, PhotoShop, PowerPoint, plus excellent freehand drawing and rendering skills. Knowledge of Excel an advantage
- Proven ability to work within a critical path and meet deadlines, managing time efficiently to achieve completion of a professional standard of work
- Able to manage and work to deadlines as well as multi-tasking
- Very organised, structured and comfortable working with a minimum of supervision towards meeting short-term and long-term objectives
- Collaborates effectively to maintain and develop trustful relationships with peers across the business or multiple functions and within the product team
- Ability to work across multiple functions with experience of working in a matrix structure a benefit
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Communicates with enthusiasm
- Understands cultural differences
- The ability to travel and spend time away from home
- Enthusiastic about design, inspiring, creative, forward-thinking and energetic
- Self-motivated and equally comfortable working within a team
- Demonstrate the ability to use own initiative
- A good communicator, both interpersonally and within a group conveying strong brand empathy
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and able to multi-task
- Organized and structured with their work load
- Confident in making design decisions and able to challenge upwards and across functions in the appropriate way if needed
- Asks questions and seeks understanding first
- Pushes oneself to exceed expectations
- Is perceived as credible and an expert in the area/category
- Adaptable and versatile