Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
Responsible for the coordination of all design activity, including PLM system management, ownership of critical path, timelines and project tracking. Supports the design team in the creation of design presentations, range overviews and all other seasonal materials. Provides the design team with the optimum tools and processes required to deliver irresistible products from initial brief to final tech-packs. Helps make sure that seasonal activity across the Brand is well planned, synchronised and supported. Fulfilment of key design process administration.
- Manages the design administration to support delivery of seasonal needs across the division
- PLM (Product line management system) Super User. Data upload and management.
- Critical path project management – has full oversight of the design critical paths and support required to achieve it. Monitors and ensures delivery against key stage gates together with Head of design.
- Project tracking, working with senior design team to regularly update and adjust. Builds project plans, owns status reporting and highlights risks and opportunities against the seasonal and long-term brand calendars.
- Identifies, understands and synchronises multiple workstreams and interdependencies that are required for successful delivery of Design initiatives.
- Setting up and coordinating key design meetings and signoffs with internal and external stakeholders
- Building, maintaining and improving all seasonal range presentation material, working in conjunction with the Design Team
- Maintaining design guideline documentation ensuring it up to date & complete with all branding, trim and applications.
- Ownership of seasonal illustrator libraries, managing colour palettes, range overviews and product illustration standards.
- Creation of presentation templates, preparing and standardising CADs and refining presentation work for key meetings, sell ins, and range guides.
- Co-ordinates with graphics and art workers to deliver the seasonal range catalogue creation requirements.
- Management of design software and tools, ensuring we are always up to date and current with technology.
- Working with key external partners such as Adobe to identify improvements and arrange training within the team.
- Maximise the output and creativity of the design team, introducing new ways of working and process improvements.
- Provides day-to-day Mac and artwork support to Design colleagues.
- Archive and build libraries of all works, in an efficient and effective way.
- Maintains the seasonal server and responsible for archiving all works.
- Effectively work across a matrix structure with key functions and stakeholders
The must haves:
- Excellent project management skills.
- Proven ability to work within a critical path and meet deadlines, managing their own time and others efficiently to achieve completion of deadlines
- Proficiency in Adobe creative Suite (CS6): Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, InDesign and Illustrator. Mac literate with good Microsoft Office skills
- Exceptional presentation and artworking abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Thorough understanding and experience in design process, guidelines and implementation
- Proven track record of co-ordinating and supporting delivery of successful considered and desirable design
- Drive to build and maintain trustful relationships with peers across the business or multiple functions and within the product leadership team
- Ability to work with multiple functions with credibility and conviction in order to create support and belief across the organisation
- Organised, structured and comfortable with multi-tasking towards meeting short-term and long-term objectives and a record of delivering in a design environment or relevant industry.
- Motivating and supportive to maximise creativity and output potential of their team.
- Enthusiastic about design, forward-thinking and energetic
- Self-motivated and constantly wanting to raise the bar
- Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines and able to multi-task and motivate others.
- Able to work across a matrix structure with key functions and stakeholders
- Adaptable, versatile and open minded
This job description should be used as a guide; you may be asked to carry out other relevant duties in support of the overall role purpose.
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.