Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
Supports in delivering our product ranges in-line with the critical path and assist the design team in the delivery of the seasonal product ranges, from concept through to bulk production, in-line with brand strategy and within agreed timescales and commercial guidelines.
- Responsible for adding seasonal colour palettes, components and colourways into the Product Line Management (PLM) database
- Supporting with completing colour overviews and colour requests
- Responsible for artwork and colour updates in the technical specifications for trims and component parts
- Responsible for updating and uploading technical sketches into the technical specifications
- Catalogue and archive reference samples and workbooks
- Collaborate across multiple areas of Product Management, Design, Development, Materials and Costing to engage in a cross-functional team and to seek to further improve and evolve skills and knowledge
- Assist the design team on preparation and follow up from prototype sample reviews
- Support team in meeting critical path with an awareness of how decisions can impact timings
- Ongoing administration and coordination activity to support designers
- Searching and taking-on opportunities to learn and develop functional skills.
What you need to have:
- Experience within a design-based environment
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Interest and participation in outdoor activities is a benefit
- Ability to self-manage schedule and workload within a deadline driven environment
- Ability to monitor and report progress on small projects
- Capability to quickly assess and process information to make decisions
- Ability to communicate credibly and work with key external partners (suppliers, external agencies, collaborations) as required to support consumer categories.
- Collaborates effectively to develop trustful relationships with peers across the business
- Confident communications skills with the ability to present ideas
What we need to see in you:
- Showing initiative, being responsive to change and thinking creatively
- Passionate about product and able to understand consumer and category needs
- Able to work and communicate cross-functionally at a variety of levels across the business
- A good listener and communicator with an understanding of cultural nuances
- Energetic, self-motivated and driven to exceed expectations
- Flexibility and ability to work independently or within the team
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.