Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
Planning Deploy to Trade from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives. Working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure DTT delivers against its objectives within budget. Coming up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success in the future.
- Work with the Heads of Sales & Planning to identify the roles and responsibilities between the event Manager and the TA (Deploy to Trade & Commercial Academy).
- Lead the planning, co-ordinating and managing of Deploy to Trade meetings including booking venues, refreshments, and room/AV set up.
- Work with the Head of Sales & Planning Footwear and Active to agree attendees, send invites and joining instructions.
- Work with the Sales & Planning Managers on each Brand to understand what additional support materials are required such as trade shows, retail areas, Brand immersion areas. Plus any generic agendas, booklets, displays/ graphics.
- Work with external agencies where required.
- Manage the Events on the day in Finchley, Nottingham or Sunderland. Work with the TA or other PAs/TAs to ensure that the Account Managers and Partners are equipped to sell for the season.
Needs to have:
- Extensive experience in successfully managing events with multiple stakeholders and attendees from multiple geographies.
- Excellent communication skills with a good level of influencing and presentation skills.
- Proven experience of performing a similar role within a comparable organisation
- A recognised project management qualification or equivalent experience.
- Experience in managing multiple, complex, cross-functional projects
- Highly analytical and strategic thinking capability
- Industry knowledge preferable
Needs to be:
- An ambassador for the function and Pentland
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise, communicate and manage expectations on delivery
- Able to work and deliver under own initiative and build support networks
- Confident, professional and articulate
- Able to liaise & build relationships with people at all levels
- Able to influence and constantly seeking to improve how we work
- Flexible in approach and ‘can do’ attitude
- Calm under pressure
- Team player within function, willing to support where required
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.