Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
This role will support the delivery of the Marketplaces & Digital Partnerships (M&DP) data strategy and commercial game plan. It will use our customer data to deliver commercial trading dashboards, identify sales growth opportunities, measure and advise on the effectiveness of our investments and generate customer insights to optimise the sales and profitability of the M&DP team. This role will work closely with the commercial and marketing teams to best support both the M&DP customers and Pentland.
The role you’d play:
- Ensure the M&DP commercial teams have access to data visualisations and consistent dashboards, reporting suites and tools that drive commercial actions, enable performance review and tracking and monitoring of campaigns
- Accountability for weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting for our M&DP customers covering commercial, operational and shopper behavioural metrics; issue to relevant distribution lists
- Support in the delivery of trade summaries for wider business distribution
- Delivery of analysis tasks that focus on growth opportunities and return/effectiveness of our investments with M&DP customers to drive data led decision making
- Evolve processes relating to customer data collection, prep, and processing. Ensure they are completed on time to required levels
- Responsible for M&DP customer specific master data set up and ongoing data management support through consolidation and collation of data sources. Work with IT and wider data analytics team to continuously improve the accuracy and processing
- Bring an understanding of customer and shopper needs back into Pentland Brands
- Regular contact time with commercial, marketing and brand teams
- Regular contact time with IT team to ensure data development tasks are completed in line with our requirements
- Liaising with demand planners to ensure consistency of messaging and accurate forecasting
- Be an active member of the M&DP team by working within a matrix global team facilitating, sharing & reapplying learnings that allows us to better work in a Pentland first way
- Contact time with M&DP customers to understand their needs, how we can win with them, and to build relationship and trust
- Improve data fluency of M&DP commercial & marketing teams to become self-sufficient in the use of data tools for their day to day tasks
The must haves:
- Experienced user of full Tableau product suite
- SQL and advanced Excel skills are required
- Knowledge of Python preferable
- Degree holder or above in relevant field e.g. Data Analytics, Data Science, Stats/Maths etc.
- Ability to turn data into insight through data visualisation and analysis, using best practice data visualisation skills
- Experience of building reporting dashboards with end user needs in mind
- Highly numerate, excellent analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
- Ability to combine and utilise internal and external data sources
- Ability to build a persuasive selling story
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong planning, organisational and prioritisation skills are required
- Proactive and able to work under pressure
- Listens and interacts effectively with different interpersonal styles
- Able to work both independently as well as being a great team player
- Able to liaise and influence people at all levels, working across a matrix structure digitally and in person, both internally and with external customers
- A self-starter with high attention to detail
- Resourceful and has a problem-solving mindset
- Achievement oriented with a desire to learn and grow
- Experience of online commercial / marketing functions preferable
- Experience of working in retail analytics preferable
- Prepared to travel UK & Europe as required
If this sounds like the perfect role, please apply and we’ll be in touch soon.