Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
Manage the planning and execution for all footwear marketing related activities in DACH region.
The Marketing Exec is responsible for implementing the global strategy and over-all project lead for in store/online, retail projects and tradeshows reporting to the DACH Sales Manager
- Plan and manage the marketing budget (in store VM&POS, trade shows, sell in tools, media, agency..) in cooperation with DACH Sales Manager.
- Implement and monitor calendar for in store POP/Visuals activations
- Develop and execute seasonal, online retail marketing plan
- Manage production and distribution of POP material to ensure good sell-thru results
- Manage library of trade assets and tools and ensure retailers use them properly
- Lead and control the communication with PR agency in-and externally
- Manage the DACH Instagram account
- Assist Sales Manager and regional sales reps on special projects
- Pro-active regular communication and visits with key retailers to ensure strong relationships and working to their market needs
- Work with Sales Team to coordinate events/Tradeshows that are design to drive sales
- Report on feasibility and effectiveness of trade marketing programs to Sales Manager & global brand-team
Needs to have:
- Marketing related degree or equivalent level of qualification
- Experience working in lifestyle/sports working experience in sales or marketing (PR, Trade)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of retail & digital marketing
- Is proficient in Social media
- Strong communication skills both internally & externally
- High customer care orientation
- Strong team work attitude
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage priorities and deadlines
- Capability of working in a matrix environment
- Demonstrate agility in a multi-functional team
- Good problem solving and creative thinking skills
- Excellent PC literacy; particularly on, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Office
- Good analytical and planning skills
- Prepare to travel in DACH supporting sales team
- Ability to write and speak in English
Needs to be:
- Able to deliver brilliant execution, be thorough and apply high standards in everything you do
- Confident, professional and articulate communicator
- Challenge and recommend new ideas
- Pro-active, exceptionally well organised and able to prioritise behind areas
- Tenacious, agile and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- Numerate, analytical and comfortable using data and insight to inform thinking.
- Works with customers and internally to implement solutions
- Demonstrate skills presentation
- A great team player able to demonstrate humility and be a core team member
- A self-starter able to shape and develop initiatives based on customer and shopper needs
- A strong result-focussed person able to drive delivery of plans, set key KPIs and ensure targets are reached