Job title: Customs Administrator – 6 months FTC
Location: Blackburn, BB1 2QE
As Customs Administrator you will provide administrative support to the Pentland Shipping Services logistics team and other associated divisions of Pentland.
This role would suit an individual with some who has excellent interpersonal and organisational skills. You will enjoy working independently and as part of a team and be willing to take responsibility and ownership for your work.
The role you’d play (bullet points – responsibilities of the role)
- Good MS Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Enthusiastic & numerate.
- Able to meet tight deadlines, whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy and well planned and organised.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to customer’s needs.
- Take ownership and accountability for work.
- Good IT and numerical skills with particular emphasis on MS Office packages & PO Visibility Tools
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Work closely with the operations team priorities and ensure that key issues are raised on a timely basis.
What you’d bring:
- A good working knowledge of working in a logistics environment supported by Freight forwarders.
- Good IT and numerical skills with particular emphasis on MS Office packages & PO Visibility Tools.
- Understanding of the HMRC requirements relating to the import and export business – desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ability to prioritise own workload and to work unsupervised.
- Good understanding of INCO terms – desirable.
- An eye for detail and a positive, confident, and flexible approach.
- Knowledge of SAP is desirable.
What you’ll get in return:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Hybrid / smart working
- Brand and retail perks
- Financial perks
- Travel perks
- Time out perks
- Wellbeing commitment
Who we are:
Pioneering Brands that Make Life Better
We are Pentland Brands, a global business touching the lives of millions through some of the world’s most-loved active and footwear brands. We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, Ellesse, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the UK licensee for Kickers and have a joint venture with Lacoste footwear.
We have a rich and remarkable history, of family, of ambition and of innovation, of leading from the front with a legacy of outstanding brands and equally outstanding people. Of pioneering brands that make life better. Brands that create an emotional connection with our consumers and help keep people on the move. Brands that do good, that form part of a positive business that takes action for people and planet.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop because we know this is an exceptional place to build brands and build your career. We want you to come to work every day excited about what we can achieve when we have a clear and single-minded focus on being consumer-centric and relentlessly focused on improving our performance.
Always guided by our principles, we not only do a great job, but we also do it in the right way; success is a team game; with clarity and courage; better as standard; in good conscience. We believe every individual has the power to shape the Pentland of the future, by making sure that every day we’re better than the day before. Join our team of passionate, exceptional individuals, and do the best work of your life.