Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation
Pentland is the name behind some of the world’s best sports, outdoor and fashion brands.
We own Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Speedo, Boxfresh, Ellesse, KangaROOS, Mitre, Prostar and Red or Dead. We are also the global licensee for Lacoste Chaussures and Ted Baker footwear, the UK licensee for Kickers, and are shareholders in other companies such as Hunter, Butterfly Twists, Heidi Klein and Tracksmith.
We’re a third-generation, family-owned business – and we retain strong family values. We care about people, and that’s what drives our day-to-day work. Last year the Great Place to Work® Institute recognised Pentland Brands the 11th Best Workplace in the UK and the 16th Best Workplace in Europe. Our global headquarters is in the UK and we employ 2,000 people across 20 countries around the world.
We believe that doing business the right way, with respect for people and the environment, is essential for ensuring our long-term sustainability - generation after generation. The Pentland values are at the heart of what we do and how we interact with the world around us.
For further information, please visit www.pentland.com.
Key Purpose of Job:
The Customer Operations Team leader is responsible for managing a team of customer representatives to service a portfolio of accounts within the relevant channel whilst ensuring that an optimal level of support is given to internal and external customers. This role will also provide support to Customer Operations Manager in managing daily team management duties
- Manage a team of Customer Representatives and provide cover for a portfolio of customer accounts across a with responsibility for order placement, orderbook management, stock allocation, logistics and distribution, VAS requirements, reporting and customer communications.
- Order placement and deliver against customer orderbook
- Organizing, tracking and satisfying in season order requests.
- Stock allocation and logistics
- Reporting and customer communications
- Process cancellations, credits, debits, returns of non-faulty goods, VAS and DC requirements
- Export documentation and compliance for global logistics, in need
- Order management and administration of business processes related to orders for goods or services.
- Managing the key activities and actions involved in processing an order to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Provide constantly updated Sales and Order book information, a record of customer returns, debits and credits and general and order processing activity.
- Making and communicating the necessary changes made to the Customers Order book in line with the business and customers’ requirements.
- Identify potential problems and solutions required to manage Customer OTIF.
- Working cross functionally with the Asia merchandising and shipping team to manage the aspect of delivering Direct Delivery Export to Market if required
- Understanding of Export and Internal Direct Delivery processes, in need.
- Produce regular Data analysis on Order Book and Supply Chain using internal and external sources.
- Ability to interrogate and source information from SAP.
Needs to have
- Excellent communicator skills with a range of stakeholders · Experience leading a team
- High level Excel usage
- Attention to detail
- Reporting and analytical skills
- Experience in a customer focused role
- Experience in administrative duties to raise cancellations, credits, debits, invoicing and orders
- Stock management and orderbook management skills
- Experience of interpreting large amounts of data and confident in reporting procedures
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills across all levels of the business
- Management experience of/exposure to Global Accounts, Multi National distributors and retailers.
- Previous Customer Service/Key Account Sales Support experience and/or Sales environment, preferable International exposure
- Knowledge of export procedures and documentation preferable
- Language preferable in need of specific roles - French speaker primary/ German secondary
- Knowledge and management of on-line Retailer/distribution is desirable
- Working knowledge of SAP or similar systems knowledge is advantageous
Needs to be
- Team player
- A problem solver
- Understands value-add and can apply knowledge