Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
Key Purpose of Job:
Reporting into the TBC, the Cultural Content Manager will sit within the ellesse brand team and will play an integral role in driving the long-term growth strategy for the brand, in line with the brand plan.
The main purpose of this role is to devise and implement the ellesse cultural content strategy across social, ecommerce and media platforms to build communities, reach and engagement for the brand. This role will have full accountability for driving the ellese brand ambassador/influencer programme within key global markets, and for driving brand exposure through strategic digital partnerships.
- Lead and manage the social media strategy to build brand presence and credibility with our audience.
- Actively drive and nurture the ellesse ambassador/influencer network through relation building and regular communication.
- Build an ellesse cultural community across social and digital channels, driving brand reputation across all touch points through effective reach and engagement.
- Empower consumers to become brand ambassadors through implementation of a User-Generated-Content strategy.
- Manage the social/influencer strategy into global key markets including creation and management of global guidelines and partner strategy support.
- Manage the cultural lifestyle calendar to drive digital/social/PR stories around key product drops and brand moments.
- Work closely with the PR agency on digital/influencer strategy to drive strategic partnerships and brand exposure.
- Owning and driving the key lighthouse city programme for the brand.
- Work collaboratively with the in-house digital team/brand team/external agencies on the digital content strategy to encourage community building and interaction with the brand, whilst ensuring a seamless consumer experience across all digital/social touch-points.
- Project manage the re-launch of the ellesse UK site as well as the launch of the German & US ellesse websites with the in-house digital team.
- Be the expert on social/digital within the brand team by providing regular updates on emerging technologies, social platforms and competitor activity.
- Ensure all digital activity is aligned with the brand values & tone of voice & is in service of the overarching brand plan.
Managing and nurturing the social Executive as a direct report.
What you need to have:
- Experience working in a PR, digital or social role, preferably for an agency.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and managing external agencies.
- A strong understanding of social media strategy, from design through to execution.
- In-depth knowledge of the influencer landscape and how to utilise this channel to build brand credibility.
- The ability to gather and analyse social/digital data and report on findings.
- Experience in content strategy planning/content creation for digital platforms.
- An understanding of website development and optimisation.
- Passion for sneaker, sports and lifestyle culture, and a network of contacts within the industry.
- A thorough understanding of the media landscape and industry trends.
- Good copywriting and written communication skills.
- Strong project management and budget management experience.
- Experience managing and nurturing direct reports.
What we need to see in you:
- Strong Communicator – outstanding written and verbal ability.
- Proven team player - ability to work with a team to achieve both short & long-term goals.
- Self-starter- able to identify work that needs to be done and does it without required instruction.
- Courteous and professional - able to perform tasks at hand.
- Detail oriented- meticulous attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Ability to solve practical problems using reasoning skills.
- Adaptive – Ability to adapt to changes and be reactive to situations as and when required.
- Creative – Ability to think creatively and contribute create ideas to the team.
- Motivated – Ability to apply passion, energy and enthusiasm to the role.
This overview gives you a feel for what you’ll be doing day to day but it’s not an A to Z.