Building a family of brands, for the world to love, generation after generation.
We are Pentland Brands, a global family business bringing some of the most loved active and footwear brands to millions of people around the world.
We own Speedo, Berghaus, Canterbury of New Zealand, Endura, Mitre, ellesse, Boxfresh, SeaVees, KangaROOS and Red or Dead. We’re the global licensee for Karen Millen footwear and Kickers in the UK. We also have a joint venture partnership for Lacoste footwear.
All our brands have their own unique identities and every one of them is powered by Pentland. We have more than 1,400 employees worldwide and we’re always on the lookout for talented, enthusiastic people to help shape our future.
We celebrate differences and give everyone the freedom to innovate and develop, be it through creative working environments or learning opportunities. Our brands are there in the moments that matter - being there for more people, in more of those moments, drives everything we do.
At Pentland, we’re guided by four principles, we use these to make sure we’re not only doing a great job, but we’re doing it in the right way:
- Success is a team game
- With clarity and courage
- Better as standard
- In good conscience
To find out more go to www.pentland.com or follow @pentlandbrands on Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or Facebook.
The role you’d play:
Working for a fast-paced Customer Financial Services team managing collections and risk across a portfolio of brand accounts. Day to day credit control, ensuring issues are resolved and debt is paid on time. Delivering exceptional customer service in a professional manner, in accordance with the Group Policy. Assisting in the development of strategies for continuous improvement and effective risk management
- Day to day management of ledgers, ensuring KPIs and SLAs delivered.
- Manage Pentland’s Transactional accounts to ensure that the company’s risk is kept to a minimum.
- Have full responsibility for accounts and complete knowledge of accounts
- Proactively take responsibility for the escalation of developing issues and/or key risks, ensuring action is taken and information is in place to enable prompt mobilisation and management of debt recovery measures where needed.
- Participate in the success of the brands stock turnover days through daily order releasing and order-book reviews
- Arrange and participate in review meetings with sales and customer services teams.
- Ensure that any decisions taken adhere to the credit policy and the DOA (Delegation of Authority)
- Build effective and collaborative relationships with both internal and external customers
- Improve cycle times such as DSO, query management, and cash allocations
- Provide a consistent level of high customer service.
- Continuously challenge the status quo, reviewing current procedures and processes and helping with the implementation of any changes
The must haves:
- Previous collections experience
- Previous retail experience is desirable
- Previous SAP experience is desirable
- Good written communication and organisational skills
- Good telephone manner
- Good Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Basic accounting understanding
- Reasonable academic background
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- ICM qualification is desirable
- Passionate about Customer Service
- Able to work independently, with a confident, assertive and resilient approach.
- A professional “can-do” attitude
- Able to combine a flexible approach with a desire to “go the extra mile”
- Hard working and tenacious
- Proven ability to develop and take on additional responsibilities
- Good interpersonal skills and positive towards change
- The ability to influence others to achieve results
- Be a true team player, yet self-motivated